AusPost - As Useful As Mammaries On A Bull !

Bucephalus

I placed an order with Gifts&Care for Myrsol Blue & their new Shave Cream. Within 12 hours, I received my receipt and Tracking No., and my order dispatched.

Unfortunately, this excellent service is negated by AusPost :mad: . Tracking indicates my package left Portugal 15 Nov and arrived Perth 20 Nov. Today is December 1st (ELEVEN days later) and I am still waiting! Transportation from Europe to Australia took 5 days, yet AusPost can't deliver it within the Perth area in 11 days - WTF :cautious: ? There have been no Notices for package collection at local PO where Staff say it's not their responsibility, remember it's Christmas - "bovine excrement"!

I'd rather pay for a Courier than finance AusPost's over-priced under-performance!

Thanks for the Mammaries, Auspost, ha ha ha ha. Seriously, i am still waiting on an order of Polsilver blades from polsilver.com???? i ordered nearly 3 weeks ago now. Same deal, dispatch was quick as anything, still waiting, almost patiently.

My wife sent settlement papers within Sydney and it did not arrive. She had to drive to the relevant parties and get everything resigned. Was not happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the Mammaries, Auspost, ha ha ha ha. Seriously, i am still waiting on an order of Polsilver blades from polsilver.com???? i ordered nearly 3 weeks ago now. Same deal, dispatch was quick as anything, still waiting, almost patiently.

@Anthony Hunter it took me nearly 5 weeks to received my Polsilver blades from the same site :oops: to arrived at my front door

I received my G&C package last month in Perth a mere 20 business days (1 month!) after placing my order. Similar speedy dispatch from Juan and total cluster $#$R from Ausfarce....

Bought some Nato watch straps from the US. They landed in Perth 4 days later. Delivered over a week after that - after being customs cleared and sitting in a dist centre...

FedEx or DHL sent items will routinely arrive in 2-3 days tops, no matter where they're sent from.

Aus post is 10 years behind the rest of the world. A bloated useless dinosaur, that still gets to play the monopoly card.

Almost forgot 2 Semogue brushes and stand from NZ which were dispatched NINE days ago!
How the he** AusPost parcel division stays in business is beyond me. It's got the temerity to alter charges to suit varying levels (time-frames) of customer service.

The U.K. has TWO mail deliveries daily, Monday-Friday (breakfast and lunch) AND I recall (although it's 45 years ago now, I may be wrong) one on Saturdays at breakfast.

Last edited:
I try to no longer use Australia post for anything valuable, in the last month I have had some very expensive essential oils broken (currently Vendor is claiming). This resulted in a 2 week delay to my project and a loss to the Vendor who has to spend the time seeking a claim with AustPost due to their negligence and lack of reasonable care. I supplied a statutory declaration to the vendor with a series of pictures evidencing the state of the package on arrival and also the contents within in order that their claim be honored with Australia post and that they were not left out of pocket for $475.00 (plus postage).

Now yesterday, some presentation glass tubs I had on order arrived with 4 of them smashed necessitating a return authorisation and more hassle both for myself as the receiver of the goods and the vendor who happens to be in SA - another week delay. Another cool vendor who agreed to replace the broken goods and send express - this costs them and myself time and money and is quite frankly unacceptable conduct.

The only positive, and credit to the merchants for this is that they realise that Australia post is willingly careless and regularly breaks and damages items marked fragile - it is almost like a badge of honor with these clowns and it is no wonder they are losing money as they decimate their workforce and pay the executives such generous salaries.

I won't even describe the delays when it comes to international goods landing in Australia, and then taking 4 to 5 times the duration of the international travel to be delivered.

Absolutely hopeless, I avoid using them now as much as possible - I just do not have the time to seek redress for their continued negligence and lack of reasonable care.

Postal industry ombudsman is something folks could do with a reminder of.

I just picked up a bunch of packages from Gearbest & Banggood from my parcel locker and in amongst them was a package for someone completely different.

Luckily it had his mobile number on the package so I contacted him, and hand delivered it.

Postal industry ombudsman is something folks could do with a reminder of.

Yes the ombudsman can assist however from my experience it is an avenue of very, very last resort due to them being inundated with a deluge of complaints. In reality a complaint with them requires a lot of paperwork and evidencing the nature of the damage and loss, and further detailing what steps you have taken to resolve the issue with the retailer and Australia post. Additionally the process in and of itself often leads to a protracted resolution time of many months often with a less than desired outcome.

In the first instance it is better to try and resolve complaints with the Vendor you purchased from who will in all likelihood have a commercial relationship with Australia Post. If a vendor offers to immediately replace the goods (and in my experience most do) I always offer to assist the vendor with their complaint against Australia Post by providing clear pictures of the damage to the box and it's contents.

In the first instance it is better to try and resolve complaints with the Vendor you purchased from who will in all likelihood have a commercial relationship with Australia Post. If a vendor offers to immediately replace the goods (and in my experience most do) I always offer to assist the vendor with their complaint against Australia Post by providing clear pictures of the damage to the box and it's contents.

I had a mate with a large online business. He actually stopped bothering to insure and make claims, it was taking more time and costs more than it was worth. He wore losses as a cost of doing business and just replaced items for customers.