Aussie fires.

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
As a retired firefighter I can certainly feel for all the guys and girls involved with those massive fires you folks are fighting.
We are now getting the smoke over here in NZ!
It's like a foggy day here in the top of the South Island today.
Stay safe, and best wishes to all.

Hi mate me and my misses just returned to Perth WA from NSW.
We drove up to Port Macquarie on the north coast.
Mate the fires are truly devastating we drove through at least 80 kms of burnt out bush each side of the Pacific Hwy.
It was the burnt street signs that brought it home how fierce the fire was.
I take my hat of to all you firefighters mate.
Paul
IMG-5540.jpg
IMG-5554.jpg
IMG-5556.jpg

Does this happen every year? I've seen this in the news before.
Australia is a big place. Different bits of it burn each year. Last year Tassie had fires for 100 days and burnt 5% of the state.

It's very early to have fires this big in October/November. The long range forecast is for warmer and drier conditions to rain for at least another month.

Sometimes there are very sick mental crazy people who are also attractive to lighting fire for no reason why.

The police are fully aware about how many sick mental people who are attractive to lighting fire, and how many more of them are listed into their database and the mental health system.

Sometimes there are very sick mental crazy people who are also attractive to lighting fire for no reason why.
Yes sadly this can be true, but putting this in context and without alarm all the larger fires on that section of the north and mid NSW coasts were started by dry lightning. Including the QLD ones.
This is documented in the news and on RFS sites.

Does this happen every year? I've seen this in the news before.
One month from now the change will be amazing.
Our bush needs fire, it is only when man interferes that the situation becomes dire.
I feel so sad for the Koalas and other animals that suffer a horrific death from the fires.
People can always rebuild, provided there are no fatalities.
I live in a bushfire prone area and am amazed how resilient people are.

One month from now the change will be amazing.
I live in a bushfire prone area and am amazed how resilient people are.

Will need some moisture to start recovering.

It is only when people build too close that the fires become a major hazard.

I'm on standby for IMT duty when the fires start down here. From the few hot windy days we've had I know the police where doing 'random' checks on known arsonists.

The police are fully aware about how many sick mental people who are attractive to lighting fire, and how many more of them are listed into their database and the mental health system.

Back in Spain therei s also seasonal fires every year. Some natural, some from mental crazy people, some for revenge (on the old rural world), some for re-use the land, but also, some made by fireworkers (seasonal employees) that want their jobs keep going... :(