Aussie Honing Service on eBay ...

It's not that. I hone to a point where I can shave thick Italian fence wire off my face. A keen edge isn't the issue. I know I don't have the passion that @Mark and others do for honing.
That sums it all up: honing is not "the end goal" but merely an aid to having a good shave. A good shave is where it's at.

My $0.02 worth - If you want somebody else to hone your razor/s, you simply can't do better than @Mark. His technical knowledge is unequalled, and his work is impeccable.

@Draco Noir isn't a bad second choice :whistle: as I'm sure Mark will testify.

By the way @filobiblic - Ron Spencer isn't located in Melbourne - he's in a suburb of Bendigo called Kangaroo Flat (last time I spoke with him, which is only a few weeks ago...

By the way @filobiblic - Ron Spencer isn't located in Melbourne - he's in a suburb of Bendigo called Kangaroo Flat (last time I spoke with him, which is only a few weeks ago...
Thanks. It seems my spatial locations are waaaay off... [emoji16]

I know that there are 'honemeisters' on the Forum here, including some who will offer freebies from time to time and lots of others who hone themselves and for friends BUT ...

I saw this listing on eBay and thought I would post here in case it was of interest - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/322237449634

You all know that I know nothing about straights so please don't take this as a recommendation per se. I also have no connection with the supplier.

If anybody has or plans to use the service some reviews or feedback might be good for others.

Hi again all.

Just had a message from Ron indicating that he is no long buying, restoring & selling razors. He is liquidating his current items at the moment and you might want to check them out on eBay here.

I know that many people have spoken highly of his work and we wish him all the best into the future.

Hi again all.

Just had a message from Ron indicating that he is no long buying, restoring & selling razors. He is liquidating his current items at the moment and you might want to check them out on eBay here.

I know that many people have spoken highly of his work and we wish him all the best into the future.
Echo your comments about wishing Ron all the best in the future.

A heads up that Ron is selling not only straight razors, but also stones and soaps. Pick up some bargains like SV Cosmo for $15 plus postage.

Some beautiful items there!

Awesome bloke. Bought a couple of items and didn't bother about combined shipping at the time. Flicked him a message just saying no worries but if possible to combine? Couple hours later had refund of one set of postage come through.

I bought his Gok 15k and he is terrific to deal with. Stone has arrived and the edges are great.
By the way the chip in the photo for any that looked isn't a big deal.

I bought his Gok 15k and he is terrific to deal with. Stone has arrived and the edges are great.
By the way the chip in the photo for any that looked isn't a big deal.
You were quick with that one. Went back to look and it was gone that afternoon.
Ron is great to deal with and the prices are awesome.
Anyone wanting to get into straights can pick up a shave ready Solingen blade and a strop for $100.
I grabbed the Matsukura Hadoson and am sorely tempted with one of the Jnats on offer - although I think that will just open another obsession. (Repeat after me - You do not need a Jnat. Naniwa 12k is good enough)

So what does that say about me :) I have a Kiita Kan and matching naguras. Not to mention Coticule - I said not to mention Coticule. Well you get the picture.

@Psmith NEEDS a Jnat. Naniwa 12k is not close to good enough. Find one here

LOL - accidental multiple post - but I think it is clearly a SIGN that proves my point :)

@Mark1966 have you been drinking again ;):D

Friday afternoon. Qantas Lounge. Heading Home.

What do you think?

[multiple posts more a result of inconsistent internet connection though]