alfredus

Auctioneer-in-Chief + organises many group buys
Staff member
Site Moderator
State Convenor - SA
Grand Society
Group Buy Caporegime
Charity Auction Team
For those of you who are not on reddit - this weekend our own @todras will be front and center of an AMA over there - they are usually VERY entertaining and interesting, so check it out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wetshaving/

Oh and @todras is known as /u/ntownuser over there ;)

whats an AMA?

Wow Reddit is a strange place. I went there recently reading r/motorcycles and r/thehopyard.

r/wetshaving looks too intense for me.

Reddit is very different to our forum, it is based on a different set of ideals and values and I recognise that this may not be for everyone, in fact some people will find it wild, offensive and out of control but be assured the vast majority of the community in /r/wetshaving are a good and decent bunch of people :)

For me reddit in many ways represents a snapshot of the very earliest days of the internet, and prior to that the BBS scene so I am very comfortable there. Many of the /r/wetshaving community are fellow artisans and very good friends. Reddit also reflects the US right to freedom of expression and the 1st Amendment -its the realisation of the cultural worth and value of that ideal in operation with a minimum of interference or moderation if that makes any sense.

Nothing hard hitting yet

So ask a bloody question :D

The hilarity will kick off when a certain 'Itchy Pooter' appears - the guy writes like a Journalist for Rolling Stone or the New Yorker he is that good - he is rude, ribald, raucous, highly intelligent and absolutely hilarious and is renowned for mercilessly decimating trolls (one in particular) with his writing whenever they appear.

@todras have the Reddit audience met Borry yet?

very nice, but Reddit tends to crash my browser from time to time and make my laptop-ventilator became a chopper. (I'll figure out why and how to fix).
I have seen some fun around, like when people asked about making soap with kangaroo tallow (if they only ever had kangaroo meat once....), awesome when you bring attention to Elena's soaps , but sad when you said something regarding what Will Carius said about CdV. This is my soap ans splash closer to ever finish, large hole on the tub.... splash almost done.... (EdP over) I have to restrain myself until you decide to make more. I am happy as nowadays many products are just suffering of smelling here, and the soap still have 15-20 shavings left, but I hope I will see the green hearth coming back!!

cheers Dan. good Job!

Can someone post on my behalf to the AMA Discussion.

1. Barring EU regulations what are your ethics on acquring/accessing certain absolutes and scents. Case in point animal, rare and criminally controlled agriculture/harvesting?
  2. Your preference to bowl or face lathering and do you consider this while making APR soaps. ie hydration and loading?
  3. When the tipping point comes between your law career and prefumery what factors are going to make this decision?
  4. From your SOTDs you seem to love your Blackbird SB more than your other razors. It this a aesthetic choice or prefer the nature and skill of a more aggressive (YMMV) razor?
  5. Some people have an expensive obsession with watch acquisition disorder. On this, what do you wear, use, have and want? I take you for a G-Shock kinda guy.
  6. From what I know of you and your energy and thought process to create complex time layered related scents. Sometimes taking over a year to generate the finished product. Which has led to you producing collaborations with leading artisan shaving producers. Will you be collaborating with Zoologist for their Tapir line?
  7. The revenue from software based sales usually exceeds hardware related products so off putting. Do you see APR ever getting a hardware product or collaboration going and if so what, and don't answer a just 'no'?

Status
Not open for further replies.