Australian Private Reserve - Autumn 2017 Fragrances - Aftershaves & Soaps Released!

todras

est Français pour après-rasage
In Memoriam
2019 Charity Auction Winner
Menth Dealer
hygNM1x.png

It gives me great pleasure to announce the Autumn 2017 soaps and aftershaves from Australian Private Reserve.

The Aftershave
The new aftershave formulation has taken months of testing and is now at the point where I am happy with the final formulation and the excellent skin care properties it imparts on application.

The alcohol component of the aftershave has been greatly reduced and pure cosmetic grade Aloe Leaf juice has been introduced, the solution has been further evolved with the introduction of cosmetic grade Allantoin and Panthenol and after an incredible amount of work the final formulaic ratios have resulted in a superb skin care formulation in a product that looks, feels and smells like a traditional alcohol based aftershave.

The Soap
We have also been busily developing, formulating, refining and testing our hot process tallow based soap for the last few months and it has undergone many revisions, attenuation's and refinements to get it to the point where both @Sxot and I are not just happy with it, but proud to release it for sale.

Developing, testing and refining the soap was very time consuming, expensive and a hell of a lot of work but we think that when you lather it up and shave with it, you will agree with us that it represents an excellent Australian wet-shaving soap and that it performs superbly both as regards glide and cushion, but also in the essential post-shave feel.

The lather is rich, buttery and dense and @Sxot is to be applauded for his commitment to ensuring that his soap was a suitable match for my fragrances. We have both individually spent countless hours developing, reformulating and testing both the soap and the aftershave and we sincerely hope that when you use these hand made products that this is evident.

We are both Aussies and we are both bloody proud of what we have achieved as individuals and through working together to take Australian Private Reserve to the next level as an Australian owned, made and operated small-batch, artisan wet-shave company.

To keep it fair, friendly and equal for everyone in the community let's play by the following guidelines :)
  • All orders by PM please on a first come, first served basis.
  • Payment is by PayPal Family and Friends only.
  • Please PM with your order and postcode, I will respond immediately with postage cost.
  • Prices do not include postage unfortunately
  • Stock is limited I'm sorry but I can't do any holds this time
  • Sorry, No Polsilvers!! (you know who you are)

Soaps: $30.00
Aftershave: $35.00
Paired Soap+Aftershave: $60.00

DFW1w68.jpg

Aftershave Ingredients:Denatured Alcohol, Witch Hazel (Hamamelis Virginiana) distillate,
Aloe Leaf Extract (Aloe Barbadensis), German Chamomile Flower Extract (Matricaria Recutita),
Calendula Flower Extract (Calendula officinalis), Allantoin, Provitamin B5 (Panthenol), Glycerin, Fragrance/Perfume, Aqua, Polysorbate-20.
Volume: 100ml

ruNrrvN.jpg

Soap Ingredients:
Stearic Acid, Glycerine, Tallow, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Fragrace, Shea Butter,
Lanolin, Silk Protein
Weight: 125 grams

qvxivVg.png

A bold, rich elegant chypre with a heart of rich resinous cedar and damp, earthy spice.
The productof a choice that relies on an intricate chemistry and execution of design.

It’s rich and woody, with notes of deep teak, rich teas scaffold deep white grapefruit and
the scent of fresh cut basil absolute.

It speaks to a choice of sophistication, style and presence.

Top Notes:
White Grapefruit, Bergamot, Basil
Heart Notes:
Cedarwood, Ginger, Nutmeg, Violet, Lavender
Base Notes:
Ambergris, Tonka, Oakmoss, Mysore Sandalwood

1khMBoP.png

A modern Fougère with a paramount and traditional interpretation.
Verdant green Fern notes from the French Oakmoss supported with a suggestion
of vetiver, rounded out by a warm bed of coumarin.

Middle notes of French lavender, cinnamon and Geranium scaffold
a top of bright Italian Bergamot, citrus and warm sweet exotic Rose Maroc Absolute.

Top Notes:
Bergamot, Rose Maroc
Heart Notes:
Lavender, Nutmeg, Cinnamon Bark, Geranium
Base Notes:
Oakmoss, Vetiver, Tonka

htjxfwd.png

Brother of Sherlock Holmes, resident of one 221B Baker St as penned by Conan Doyle in his
seminal texts on the grand detective.

We have designed a stylish and exacting Autumnal scent with rich clear notes of Juniper resting
effortlessly on Bergamot and a dalliance of Jasmine Grandiflorium Absolute.

For the base we have engaged no less, the rich narcotic Labdanum Absolute as is truly fitting,
a raw raunchy Animal Musk and the sweet intoxicating coumarin drenched Tonka Absolute.

A thoroughly intoxicating, sophisticated and effortlessly elegant fragrance for cooler times and
higher minds.

Top Notes:
Calabrian Bergamot, Jasmine Absolute
Heart Notes:
Juniper
Base Notes:
Labandum, Musk, Tonka, Vetiver

Nr6NaC8.png

A fragrance that considerably develops and evolves the design, concept and execution of the
'Smart Dressed Man' whose heritage is Creed's renowned Greed Irish Tweed. A modern, present
and long lasting fragrance that reflects the contemporary, and suitably attired Australian male.

Bright citrus rests on notes of Verbena and Violet Absolute with a warm base of Sandalwood and
Amber. It’s proud and unabashed, make your presence known and ensure you are suitably attired.

Top Notes:
Lemon, Verbena, Sweet Orange
Heart Notes:
French Violet, Rosemary
Base Notes:
Mysore Sandalwood, Fragrance Oil

Ok..WOW they are moving very fast...

Absolute kudos to @alfredus the European, uber 'A' list shaver who secured the whole range of soaps 2 mins prior to them going live here on P&C. He ordered via the APR website in seconds....I hit 'publish' in WooCommerce and not even 20 seconds later he had an order landed and paid for...very, very impressive my friend and thanks for the support I deeply appreciate it:cool:

You were too late my friend - was glued to the screen from 5:30 :D :D :D

His poor keyboard......

broken-f5-button.jpg
You of all people should know, that these tasks are automated these days ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mycroft is almost sold out and there is dwindling stocks of the others :)

Soaps have now been restocked courtesy of Australian Private Reserves small batch artisan soap chef de cuisine @Sxot!

Orders can be placed for all soaps and aftershaves by PM here, or through the website :)

I'm really wanting to order one as the reviews are really positive, so sounds like a great soap, and love to support a local.
My downside to this is if I don't like the scent I won't use it regardless of performance.
Any chance of samples?

I'm really wanting to order one as the reviews are really positive, so sounds like a great soap, and love to support a local.
My downside to this is if I don't like the scent I won't use it regardless of performance.
Any chance of samples?

Adam, you can rest assured that SAA is fantastic, I have not heard anyone say they don't like it. I think it is the pick of the bunch. The General is also very good but drier, and to me the Choix Alfredus and Mycroft are more polarising.

Not sure if there are any samples kicking around right now however some were. @alfredus also has the entire range with him now, so you could sniff his. But honestly, the quality of the product is amazing. When you see 3mm of Essential oils sitting on top of the AS you know that these are worth every penny. I need a Monsta Myrtle soap to match my AS, and I will be grabbing a full bottle of SAA from Dan soon as my sample runs out or the soap will be lonely.

Any chance of samples?

Paste & Cut Travelling Box has samples of the aftershave - ie the scent!

Any chance of samples?

Hi Adam, thanks for your interest in APR :)

With my workload I had to discontinue offering samples, I work full-time in a fairly pressured vocation and my time is quite limited in that I typically work 50-60 hrs a week. For this reason I have no plans now, or in the future to reintroduce samples of APR for sale, making them up was incredibly time consuming as was the labelling and ordering supplies of the 5ml glass dripper bottles.

If you want to shoot me a PM in the next day or so I will make an exception (given your interest in my fragrances) and will send you a 4 sample set of the Autumn 2017 aftershaves free of charge. The only catch is you will have to pay $7.60 postage for them which is more than fair in my book.