Australian Private Reserve - Autumn 2017 Fragrances - Limited Edition Eau De Parfum

todras

est Français pour après-rasage
In Memoriam
2019 Charity Auction Winner
Menth Dealer
For a while now I have been distilling my own Eau De Parfum for some of the range of Australian Private Reserve and have had a fair few PM's from people wanting to buy them. Obviously prior to APR going 'seasonal' it was not feasible to do the entire range, but with the direction I have taken doing the seasonal releases every 3 months, there is a definite window to release some EDP's.

The Australian Private Reserve EDP's are strong as they are highly concentrated, to be clear these are not aftershaves and are applied as you would apply a perfume. To be frank, I thought there was very little point in mucking around to be honest, I wanted a Perfume at a perfume strength.

From my experience using them I am getting around 8 to 10 hours of strong scent duration from 1 spray, due mainly to the composition and especially due to the fixitives I use in my fragrances.

The EDP's come in a 50ml frosted glass spray bottle and are labelled with the original brown APR labels, marked as a Limited Edition.

I have limited quantities of each fragrance that has been aging - this means that order turn around time is standard but once a fragrance sells out there will be no second offering as the maturing process takes 2 to 3 months if not longer.

I have gone with a flat rate for all the scents because why the hell not, along with the fragrance potency consider it a big thank you to the P&C community from me.

Not everyone will want or be able to justify the price, this is for those that can and do want them :)

How to Order
  • PM me with what you would like & your postcode - Postage is not included.
  • Payment is by PayPal Family and Friends.
  • All orders are on a first come, first served basis as volumes are very limited.
  • Sorry no holds or trades.
  • The price is fixed, for a variety of reasons I will not reduce it (see above).
Each EDP is $75.00 for a 50ml bottle

qvxivVg.png

A bold, rich elegant chypre with a heart of rich resinous cedar and damp, earthy spice.
The product of a choice that relies on an intricate chemistry and execution of design.

It’s rich and woody, with notes of deep teak, rich teas scaffold deep white grapefruit and
the scent of fresh cut basil absolute.

It speaks to a choice of sophistication, style and presence.

Top Notes:
White Grapefruit, Bergamot, Basil
Heart Notes: Cedarwood, Ginger, Nutmeg, Violet, Lavender
Base Notes: Ambergris, Tonka, Oakmoss, Mysore Sandalwood

1khMBoP.png

A modern Fougère with a paramount and traditional interpretation.
Verdant green Fern notes from the French Oakmoss supported with a suggestion
of vetiver, rounded out by a warm bed of coumarin.

Middle notes of French lavender, cinnamon and Geranium scaffold
a top of bright Italian Bergamot, citrus and warm sweet exotic Rose Maroc Absolute.

Top Notes:
Bergamot, Rose Maroc
Heart Notes: Lavender, Nutmeg, Cinnamon Bark, Geranium
Base Notes: Oakmoss, Vetiver, Tonka

htjxfwd.png

Brother of Sherlock Holmes, resident of one 221B Baker St as penned by Conan Doyle in his
seminal texts on the grand detective.

We have designed a stylish and exacting Autumnal scent with rich clear notes of Juniper resting
effortlessly on Bergamot and a dalliance of Jasmine Grandiflorium Absolute.

For the base we have engaged no less, the rich narcotic Labdanum Absolute as is truly fitting,
a raw raunchy Animal Musk and the sweet intoxicating coumarin drenched Tonka Absolute.

A thoroughly intoxicating, sophisticated and effortlessly elegant fragrance for cooler times and
higher minds.

Top Notes:
Calabrian Bergamot, Jasmine Absolute
Heart Notes: Juniper
Base Notes: Labandum, Musk, Tonka, Vetiver

Nr6NaC8.png

A fragrance that considerably develops and evolves the design, concept and execution of the
'Smart Dressed Man' whose heritage is Creed's renowned Greed Irish Tweed. A modern, present
and long lasting fragrance that reflects the contemporary, and suitably attired Australian male.

Bright citrus rests on notes of Verbena and Violet Absolute with a warm base of Sandalwood and
Amber. It’s proud and unabashed, make your presence known and ensure you are suitably attired.

Top Notes:
Lemon, Verbena, Sweet Orange
Heart Notes: French Violet, Rosemary
Base Notes: Mysore Sandalwood, Fragrance Oil

Oh seriously, just when I thought it was safe to venture out again, a new reason to put my hand into my pocket ...

These sound sensational, now to scrounge together the pennies!

Oh seriously, just when I thought it was safe to venture out again, a new reason to put my hand into my pocket ...

Well, think of it like this - you were the first person to be given an EDP, the General Ledger I sent you some months prior... and I have to tell you, after you posted that 'mail call' that's when I started receiving PM's from people.

Unless of course you have been drenching yourself in GL, I would suspect you would have a fairly healthy measure in that bottle I sent down :)

Well, think of it like this - you were the first person to be given an EDP, the General Ledger I sent you some months prior... and I have to tell you, after you posted that 'mail call' that's when I started receiving PM's from people.

Unless of course you have been drenching yourself in GL, I would suspect you would have a fairly healthy measure in that bottle I sent down :)

Ummm, yes, well, all my fault then. I should have kept quiet but could not resist shouting from the (virtual) rooftops!

I still have plenty of the GL left, it is the AC and Mycroft which are going to help me save some more money with this hobby ...

it is the AC and Mycroft which are going to help me save some more money with this hobby ...

I'm showing restraint myself, especially with the Mycroft as at concentration it smells so darn good. It's all too easy for me to refill a bottle here and there and I am having to be really mindful of the cost of the oils involved which is significant. On the plus side the longevity of the scent from a spray means that I really only need the single spray for ample silage and coverage, if I am feeling generous I will go for 2 sprays but I think it really isn't necessary for business hours.

The appeal of the EDP to match the soap and the aftershave is immediate, especially as I (obviously) really like the 4 APR scents that made the cut. I'm glad we are seeing more artisans offer EDT's and so on, it was definitely needed especially for the real 'keeper' scents..the amount of times I have used soaps and splashes I really like (Cologne Russe for example) and wished there was an EDT are many.

9w2a80S.jpg

Last edited:
I'm showing restraint myself, especially with the Mycroft as at concentration it smells so darn good. It's all too easy for me to refill a bottle here and there and I am having to be really mindful of the cost of the oils involved which is significant. On the plus side the longevity of the scent from a spray means that I really only need the single spray for ample silage and coverage, if I am feeling generous I will go for 2 sprays but I think it really isn't necessary for business hours.

The appeal of the EDP to match the soap and the aftershave is immediate, especially as I (obviously) really like the 4 APR scents that made the cut. I'm glad we are seeing more artisans offer EDT's and so on, it was definitely needed especially for the real 'keeper' scents..the amount of times I have used soaps and splashes I really like (Cologne Russe for example) and wished there was an EDT are many.

9w2a80S.jpg
At least there's the first tentative steps down that path with Night Music :)

Sale pending so ...

PM incoming! :)

Let me tell you these EdP's are out of this world... Today was a Mycroft day ;)

Two more sets remaining, then that's a wrap!

...and that's the only way that they should be purchased !

Ummm, yes, well, all my fault then. I should have kept quiet but could not resist shouting from the (virtual) rooftops!

I still have plenty of the GL left, it is the AC and Mycroft which are going to help me save some more money with this hobby ...

Ha! I have to say you only have yourself to blame there @todras. The EDPs have been appearing in your SOTD on a regular basis and likely well before they did, if ever, appear in @Mark1966's.

One bottle of Mycroft remains!

2 Sets of the others.

Can we get a Seville splash first though?
And hasn't Night Music already got an EDP?

Can we get a Seville splash first though?

You sound as though you have not yet used The Orange Place.... ;)

Nightmusic was released as an EDT not an EDP.

You sound as though you have not yet used The Orange Place.... ;)
Nightmusic was released as an EDT not an EDP.

Guilty as charged. As soon as it is available for sale I shall buy some.... :p

Update :)

1 Bottle of Mycroft remains, 1 General Ledger, 1 Alfredus choice and 2 Suitably Attired Australian!

That's a wrap people, all sold out!

...4/5 bottles only of Acqua Di Sydney EDP will drop in a week or so, PM me if you are interested ;)