Australian Private Reserve - Summer Lineup Released

todras

est Français pour après-rasage
In Memoriam
2019 Charity Auction Winner
Menth Dealer
Australian Private Reserve – The Summer Scents
These are the scents I have been working on for the last while, they are quite definitely Summer Scents that combine various aspects of woody, herbaceous and definitely citrus notes and accords that are so ideal for the hot and often humid Australian Summer.

All the scents have been tested by myself, friends and other P&C members. Their thoughts, opinions and feelings can mostly be found in the SOTD pictures and the APR review thread.

I have also refined and improved the composition of the aftershave, reduced the alcohol and have added of two extra beneficial botanicals known for their soothing, healing and protective properties – German Chamomile (Matricaria Recutita) and Calendula (Calendula officinalis). All the scents in the summer range have been resting for the last 6 weeks in their decanters ready to be bottled.

Aftershaves are 100ml
Aftershave Balms are 50gm

Aftershave Ingredients: Denatured Alcohol, Witch Hazel (Hamamelis Virginiana) distillate, German Chamomile Flower Extract (Matricaria Recutita), Calendula Flower Extract (Calendula officinalis), Glycerine, Fragrance/Perfume, aqua, Polysorbate-20.

Aftershave Balm Ingredients: Purified Water, Vegetable Glycerine, Sunflower Oil, Essential Oils/Fragrance Oils, Cetearyl Alcohol, Capric/Caprylic Triglyceride, Jojoba Oil, Almond Sweet Oil, Shea Butter, Macadamia Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Natural Vitamin E, Ceteareth 20, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Soya Bean Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice Powder, Hydrolyzed Marine Collagen, Ethylhexylglycerine

Menthol
All of the summer offerings are now available with the addition of menthol, no extra cost. If you would like menthol please specify in your PM when ordering either ‘regular’, ‘a lot’ or ‘menth head’ and I will dose up your bottle. Please choose wisely in this regard, the ‘regular’ dosage is around 1 gram of menthol in 100mls.

The Summer Lineup
ONVFQrD.jpg

NPOZsNM.jpg

Quantities are limited, I am not a large producer I am glad to say and I formulate and make these aftershaves and aftershave balms by hand for my own use making them available where I think people may want and like them.

Orders by PM please, unfortunately postage is not included in the price with the exception of the Samples deal so please specify your mailing address when ordering so I can come back with a total price including postage which I usually do very quickly

Payment is by PayPal ‘Family and Friends’, orders go out immediately on notification from payal for P&C regulars.

If you want something but need it held for a few days before putting through the funds, drop me a PM and I will put it aside for you rather than you miss out because it sold. I am happy to do this for the P&C community as you are all so bloody cool, supportive and fair dinkum so please don't hesitate or feel awkward in anyway to ask :)

I do have some previous APR releases in stock, PM me if you want one and I will take a look...

Samples
7dJazfX.jpg

Choose any 4 aftershave samples from the Summer range for $25.00 including postage. The sample bottles are 5ml and come with a dripper cap. Free samples are also included with each order of a full size aftershave.

sachet de thé – Tea Bag
The essence of a very popular and enjoyable soap is captured using high grade essential oils in this refined, masculine herbaceous and citrus scent that is ideal for long hot summers drinking iced Earl Grey tea in Cheshire.

The scent uses a Musk and Patchouli base to offer a platform for clary sage, lavender and top notes of Calabrian Bergamot and Australian Lemon to shine.

Musk,Patchouli, Clary Sage, Lavender, Bergamot, Lemon

The Calabrian Bergamot Essential Oil is Bergaptene Free.

Aftershave $30
Aftershave Balm $20
Both Together $45

le courier – The Mail
A companion scent to the exceptionally formulated and wonderfully scented artisan soap ‘Gea’ that itself is based on the modern Fougèrele male’ by JPG.

The original is a complex perfume (as is the artisan soap) and this fragrance represents and compliments that complexity superbly taking no shortcuts as to composition. This was a lot of work, it is a very complex fragrance and saw 15-20 iterations prior to resting on something that was befitting, I am incredibly happy with this particular fragrance.

A base of Vanilla, Sandalwood, Tonka and Cedar. A heart of Cinnamon and Lavender. A top of Mint Cardamom and Bergamot with a few more too!

On opening the bottle the pure vanilla and mint are evident immediately in accord with the French Lavender. Bergamot and Neroli are balanced deeply within, the warmth of the Vanilla and Tonka wash over the senses but within the fragrance as a whole is an elusive, beautiful, mysterious accord that completes this most modern and complex of Fougères

Indian Mysore Sandalwood, Tonka, Madagascan Vanilla Absolute, Cinnamon, Lavender, Neroli, Mint, Cardamom, Bergamot. . .

Aftershave $35.00
Aftershave Balm $25.00
Both for $55.00

bois de santal citron vert verviene– Sandalwood, Lime, Verbena
A limited edition scent that did not see release in the initial offering but one that proved to be very popular from the testers. A very bright & clean, tart refreshing summer citrus fragrance with sweet notes that has excellent silage and endurance.

Sandalwood, Black Pepper, Lime, Verbena...

Aftershave $25
Aftershave Balm $18
Both Together $35

Grapefruit Injunction – pamplemousse injonction
Tart and refreshing, this is a fragrance that commences an action without haste, petitioning for immediate, enduring relief from the heat and humidity of summer. Frankly quite a stupid name, but it’s a fantastic scent though if you like lasting, tart and balanced citrus.

Venezuelan Tonka provides the foundation for Black Pepper & White Grapefruit, the top notes are deep, sour grapefruit with the juxtaposition of Lilly of the Valley that serves as a wonderful contrast while offering depth to the proceedings.

This was formulated to pair with Mystic ‘Pompelo e Fiori’, however it works very well with Arlington or indeed any citrus soap. If you like sour Lime scents, you will love this.

Tonka, Black Pepper, Grapefruit, Lilly

Aftershave $25.00
Aftershave Balm $18.00
Both for $35.00

L'endroit orange – The Orange Place
A bright, sharp and very well balanced citrus fragrance with the herbaceous presence to match its namesake ‘Seville’. This fragrance is a tribute to and a continuance of the tradition of Italian Barbershop fragrances with a nod of respect and homage to AdP.

Powdery Oakmoss and Patchouli set the tone for the woody, herbaceous heart of Rosemary and Lavender. The traditional barbershop of fresh, clean fragrances come from Calabrian Bergamot, Lemon and Bitter Orange in the famous Italian Barbershop accord.

This is well rounded, smooth, intelligent and sophisticated without the excessively sweet notes of contemporary barbershop fragrances. It pairs bloody well with Seville of course,but equally it’s one for those that like a classic fresh, clean, herbaceous and citrus Barbershop scent.

Oakmoss, Patchouli, Rosemary, Lavender, Bergamot, Lemon, Bitter Orange

Aftershave $30
Aftershave Balm $20
Both for $45.00

WG – White Tea & Ginger
Sweet white tea rests on a deep note of sharp French ginger. A simple yet effective meeting, subtle and deep.

Ginger, Tonka, Fragrance Oil.

After shave $25.00
Balm $18.00

Both for $35

SA – Suitably Attired Australian
Due to the popularity of this scent, I made the decision to give it a second outing as it’s a great summer scent that smells fantastic. The scent is almost identical to Stirlings 'Smart Dressed Man', Mystic Waters 'Irish Traveler' and Creed's GIT however with significant refinement and improvements in the first two instances which are purely fragrance oil.

Bright citrus rests on a deep and well-dressed base. It’s proud and unabashed, make your presence known and ensure you are suitably attired.

Indian Sandalwood, French Violet, Lemon, Rosemary, Sweet Orange, Fragrance Oil.

After Shave $30.00
Balm $20.00
Both for $45

Fête au citron – Lemon Party
Man’s long quest for the citrus is finally complete and he is without option, he must join the Lemon Party!

This is unashamedly a complex citrus fragrance with tart, sour and concurrently sweet accords. I am extremely pleased with the result and I intend on wearing it often as it works and pairs with so many summer soaps from Occam’s, to Shaver Heaven, B&M to Mike’s etc.

Built on a foundation of warm, sweet Amber and Vanilla Absolute with a heart of Black Pepper, Clary Sage and Lemon Grass.

Two groves, one crop at the top...Lime, Bergamot, Lemon, Neroli, Brazilian Bitter Orange, Sweet Orange and Mandarin (amongst others) form complex, bright and vibrant citrus accords that are carefully accented with the merest suggestion of sweetness as a suitable contrast to the lemon party that is in full swing.

Amber, Vanilla, Black Pepper, Clary Sage, Lemon Grass, Bergamot, Lime, Neroli, Lemon, Sweet Orange, Bitter Orange, Mandarin . . .

Aftershave $35.00

Aftershave Balm $25.00

Both $55.00

Last edited:
If anyone missed out on the original release, these are the last remaining bottles of Aftershave.

1x GL - les généraux du grand livre – The Generals Ledger $35.00
1x AC –choix Alfredus - Alfredus Choice $40.00
1x CS - Coconut Sandalwood $30.00

Just to avoid any confusion, please note the samples do not have the option of having menthol added.

Adding menthol to such a small quantity of Aftershave (5mls) is too difficult.

Wow! Wow! Wow! I just love reading the scent descriptions and maker's notes. [emoji1] Gotta get me some more!!!

@filobiblic since you've already got your 2017 Sabbatical Fail banner and you might as well start ordering more stuff from @todras right now, otherwise if you don't you could missed out all the goodies from @todras ;)

Paging @Korbz - The Courier Male has some in and GEA better get a wriggle on to snatch it up!!!

I hope he likes it, I don't think I have ever been as tested trying to make a scent since I started mucking around with fragrance than I was with this one. I made it with the intention that people who own the GEA soap have something to pair, this scent is for them and as a mark of respect for Manuel's incredible work with his soap and scent. It saw a lot of failed formulas, around 15 or 20 3 ml iterations from my recollection (that's a fair bit of unusable EO) due to the complexity of the accords and the modifiers used in the original.

I came very close a couple of times early in the formulation of getting it just right, but close was not good enough and another problem reared it's head - that of longevity of the fragrance as a whole, silage on the other hand was incredible. So there I was, with something I was close to being happy with, but something that on application didn't go the distance even at 7% or 8% so obviously not something I could ever offer people.

I kept at it, did a lot of further reading on some technical aspects as I was desperate to avoid aroma chemicals that would of immediately rectified the issue I had with this fragrance, I found the solution eventually (big dollars EO unfortunately) but as I reflect on the fragrance I really have to consider whether it was maybe not a bit silly to attempt to formulate such a complicated and beautiful scent initially (Gaultier's le male). I worked side by side with the original Le Male as I still have a bottle of it, so Le Mail is modeled directly from the original and fortunately my bottle of the original has aged beautifully.

Meeting the complexity of his scent was bloody tough but I believe in what I released I did the utmost best possible, I would never be arrogant enough to say I replicated his work, that would be outright idiotic and obviously a load of cobblers as it isn't possible to do so without his formula. But what I have done as an Aussie, I am quite proud of and will wear as of next week when my bloody order from Manuel finally clears the clutches of Aus Post.

:)

Sooner this Syd meet up occurs, the better, unless you're able to find the time to catch up soon mate :)

Sooner this Syd meet up occurs, the better, unless you're able to find the time to catch up soon mate :)

I know right, it's all fairly disorganized it would seem. I have put samples and quantities away for NSW peeps, here is hoping we can get something up and running sooner rather than later.

@todras I don't suppose you have tried SH Citrus Garden? The scent is listed as "Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime, Cucumber & Jasmine".
Just wondering which citrus scent you have would pair best with it. Lemon Party?

@todras I don't suppose you have tried SH Citrus Garden? The scent is listed as "Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime, Cucumber & Jasmine".
Just wondering which citrus scent you have would pair best with it. Lemon Party?

Lemon Party or Grapefruit Injunction would work very well.

1 x Fête au citron and 1x le courier left and that's it for this season for these two fragrances. :)

1x le courier left, Fête au citron is sold out :)

I finally remembered today to take home from work the samples @todras sent me in January.
I left them there intentionally at first so I wasn't tempted to try them during one product February, or whatever that madness was called, but had since forgotten about them until today.
SLV was the lucky bottle that was blindly pulled out of the bag. I splashed it on and immediately got a nice citrus scent, but there were two other major contributors in there that I could not determine immediately.
Sandalwood! How could I not discern that? If you had asked me before to name a scent that I don't like, sandalwood would have been in the top 3 along with musk, and marzipan. I find the tropics are just too hot and humid for the first two, and marzipan is the food (and Italian soap) of the devil.
But in this combination, it is quite subtle. It works really well, does not feel cloying, and does not overwhelm the other scents. Colour me impressed!
The verbena part of the scent I am going to defer judgement on for the time being. On first application, at night, in an air conditioned room, I don't mind it, but I will need to try it again on a hot, humid day to see how it goes.

Overall I'm very impressed, and looking forward to seeing what comes out of the bag next.