Australian refurbishment of razors

Dragosanni

Hello
I have my father inlaws razor, it is a 1950s TTO gillette blue tip flare I think (I am new to the shaving world)
I am wanting to get it cleaned up for him are there any Australian people or businesses that do this?
Also if there isn't who would you recommend to do it
(I have pictures but I'm not sure how to put them up)

G'day mate :)

In terms of the pictures I use Imgur, but you can pretty much use any online image hosting site to upload to and then use the little "insert image" button above in the post options panel to link to it (I hope that makes sense).

In terms of the razor it really depends on the condition and what you want to achieve. Generally a good couple of soaks in hot water and dishwashing liquid and then get into it with a toothbrush is good way to clean up a razor. Some guys use ultrasonic cleaners, so if you have one, or access to one, that's an option too. Some people put their razors in the dishwasher.

Hopefully some of the other boys pipe in with some suggestions too :) anyway, god to have you here mate :)

Hello
I have my father inlaws razor, it is a 1950s TTO gillette blue tip flare I think (I am new to the shaving world)
I am wanting to get it cleaned up for him are there any Australian people or businesses that do this?
Also if there isn't who would you recommend to do it
(I have pictures but I'm not sure how to put them up)

Funny you should ask... they'll be along straight after State of Origin!

I have soaked the razor in warm water and got 30+years of gunk out The top doors do not open
I have had a look at some vids on YouTube to see how to disassemble the razor but I'm a little scared of braking it

Hi mate. Go to the top of this page and select "Members", in the search box type the_shaving_sailor and his name should come up. Select, then on the "pop-up", select "Start a Conversation". Insert your enquiry and send.
In earlier posts, he wrote:
IM NOT A RAZOR RESTORER!! I do not set gaps, re-paint, adjust teeth its simply a re-plating service or if you don't need a full re-plate I offer a tune up service. tune up service will include and breakdown and ultrasonic clean, polish, lubricate all parts (if called for) and re-assemble. I don't have the skills to adjust teeth or gaps yet and I will not attempt it on your razors until I'm 110% confident in my adjusting abilities.
END QUOTE
and
..... your fat boy already is broken down and cleaned.wow so much crap inside!! but luckily no pitting or broken bits.
END QUOTE
He MAY be able to help you.

If you wish a full restore, talk to Dave at www.restoredrazors.com be sure to read "Customer Testimonials". Dave recently emigrated from the UK and now lives in NZ.

Hi mate. Go to the top of this page and select "Members", in the search box type the_shaving_sailor and his name should come up. Select, then on the "pop-up", select "Start a Conversation". Insert your enquiry and send.
In earlier posts, he wrote:
IM NOT A RAZOR RESTORER!! I do not set gaps, re-paint, adjust teeth its simply a re-plating service or if you don't need a full re-plate I offer a tune up service. tune up service will include and breakdown and ultrasonic clean, polish, lubricate all parts (if called for) and re-assemble. I don't have the skills to adjust teeth or gaps yet and I will not attempt it on your razors until I'm 110% confident in my adjusting abilities.
END QUOTE
and
..... your fat boy already is broken down and cleaned.wow so much crap inside!! but luckily no pitting or broken bits.
END QUOTE
He MAY be able to help you.

If you wish a full restore, talk to Dave at www.restoredrazors.com be sure to read "Customer Testimonials". Dave recently emigrated from the UK and now lives in NZ.
Will have a look thanks☺️

Dave is fantastic and highly recommend (y)