Australian Shaving & Grooming Suppliers and Artisans

New soap coming out in the next week or so...

I have been working with another company to bring out Huon Pine soap, this soap will be under another name (not Blue Devil Shave Co.) the reason for this is, to make the Huon Pine soap I needed to use a fragrance rather than an essential oil. As a lot of you know I strictly use essential oils in my range.
How ever.... I have not once reacted to the Huon Pine aftershave or the soap, which I have been using for the past 2 weeks. I love the smell of the Huon Pine and am really excited about the pending release. This soap is the same base as used for the Blue Devil range.

Things have been a bit slow the last month, I have how ever been flat out with studying and gaining a certificate 4 in small business. This course is now complete and I am now on the NEIS program, this will allow more funds to be available for future improvements. One of the major changes will be the release of the Blue Devil Shave Co. balm. I have been testing a balm made by a company within Australia. I will choose 4 -5 scents to release to begin with and see how it goes, any input into which scents you would like to see in the balm would be appreciated.

Thanks again for all the continuing support.

I have been working with another company to bring out Huon Pine soap, this soap will be under another name (not Blue Devil Shave Co.) the reason for this is, to make the Huon Pine soap I needed to use a fragrance rather than an essential oil. As a lot of you know I strictly use essential oils in my range.
How ever.... I have not once reacted to the Huon Pine aftershave or the soap, which I have been using for the past 2 weeks. I love the smell of the Huon Pine and am really excited about the pending release. This soap is the same base as used for the Blue Devil range.

Things have been a bit slow the last month, I have how ever been flat out with studying and gaining a certificate 4 in small business. This course is now complete and I am now on the NEIS program, this will allow more funds to be available for future improvements. One of the major changes will be the release of the Blue Devil Shave Co. balm. I have been testing a balm made by a company within Australia. I will choose 4 -5 scents to release to begin with and see how it goes, any input into which scents you would like to see in the balm would be appreciated.

Sensational news mate

Of course if people want a Huon Pine brush to use with that new soap they should ...

... check out what is in the Paste & Cut Charity Auction 2021 -

Opening for bidding: 12 noon, Sunday 17 October

Bidding closes: 12 noon, Saturday 23 October (unless auction extended, see rules)

with 26+ sensational lots covering all you could ever want or dream of in terms of shaving supplies, including a few surprises.

Some lovely brushes you can see in the pre-auction listings here.

Can only think to use the scents youve got in soaps fo the balms so they match

Slow down @Holiday this isn’t rocket science for @CraigE to start learning how to make balm and splashes.
True @SpeedyPC I dont know the level of difficulty and difference between balm and aftershave, but do know what I prefer.
Considering your home made formula and may others I thought witch hazel aftershave may even be simpler than balm¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

True @SpeedyPC I dont know the level of difficulty and difference between balm and aftershave, but do know what I prefer.
Considering your home made formula and may others I thought witch hazel aftershave may even be simpler than balm¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯
Try my aftershave recipes you won't be sorry or disappointed, it's cheaper and easier to make and saves you money buying more aftershave bottles.

T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

That might be a bit of a hurdle at the moment. Alcohols are troublesome enough to ship at the best of times, but right now would be a nightmare. :unsure:
You are spot on mate. I looked into both options, however the US companies I supply to are also interested in the aftershaves, therefore I would need to make sure they don't have any alcohol in them.

There is the option of going with a Witch Hazel formula, but it would need to be the non alcoholic Witch Hazel rather than the T.N. Dickenson Witch Hazel. Still an option but it more than likely would not give that burn feel that traditional aftershave achieves.

Hi @CraigE why balm and not aftershave? I like the traditional splash and sting alcohol or witch hazel.

In more than one way I agree with your statement but it is difficult to send any aftershave with alcohol in it, including Witch Hazel. By doing a balm I am able to offer my product worldwide rather than just within Australia.

What's wrong with MOAR aftershave bottles?:)
You want ME to buy ALL the aftershave matching with nearly 162 soaps I have in my den, because, my aftershave is a lot cheaper to make my own.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

In more than one way I agree with your statement but it is difficult to send any aftershave with alcohol in it, including Witch Hazel. By doing a balm I am able to offer my product worldwide rather than just within Australia.
Many people are unaware that steam-distilled witch hazel extract IS alcohol (13-15% v/v) so any such product claiming to be alcohol-free is by definition inaccurately labelled in its most charitable interpretation.