Australian shaving soaps

Brendan

Just wondering if anyone has ever thought or suggested to put a section under the shaving cream area which lists sellers/ review of only Australia made soaps?

I like if i can to buy Australian made and owned and it would make it easier to know i havent missed any maker/seller.

If this is a silly idea just disregard :)

Just wondering if anyone has ever thought or suggested to put a section under the shaving cream area which lists sellers/ review of only Australia made soaps?

I like if i can to buy Australian made and owned and it would make it easier to know i havent missed any maker/seller.

If this is a silly idea just disregard :)

I''l tag @Monsta_AU the big kahuna here so he can have a think about it

We just need a sticky with a list no?

I can only think of three worth buying;

Shaver Heaven
Occams
Washpool Farm

There may be others as well.

I am going to try another one shortly that I saw in a facebook post from @shavetheman and it is not stocked by him. So their is other stuff out their.

We just need a sticky with a list no?

I can only think of three worth buying;

Shaver Heaven
Occams
Washpool Farm

@stillshunter had one called Murphy & Daughters (or was it sons?).

Then there was the legendary TMBR !!!

If there is a section put together -and I think a section rather than a simple sticky - we should also include products to "avoid".

I say an Aussie Shave Product section (& another for our Kiwi cuzes) because there are soaps, straights, brushes, aftershaves and hopefully more in the future. So I reckon having s decent section would be an asset to this Aussie (& NZ!) forum.

@stillshunter had one called Murphy & Daughters (or was it sons?).

Then there was the legendary TMBR !!!

If there is a section put together -and I think a section rather than a simple sticky - we should also include products to "avoid".

I say an Aussie Shave Product section (& another for our Kiwi cuzes) because there are soaps, straights, brushes, aftershaves and hopefully more in the future. So I reckon having s decent section would be an asset to this Aussie (& NZ!) forum.

Only currently operating brands surely? Plus it needs to be updated as brands come and go so a sticky post with a list is better IMHO. Posting in the sticky would prompt a mod to update an entry.

I have some saving soap on the way from Whispers from the woods (should be here next week and I will review it then). I have seen a youtube video by Donald Younger on it and Con @shavetheman has used it before.

There website is :

http://whispers-from-the-woods.myshopify.com/

Looks like really nice packaging, will check them out and may even pick up a few this afternoon if they take my fancy as work is so quiet.

I have some saving soap on the way from Whispers from the woods (should be here next week and I will review it then). I have seen a youtube video by Donald Younger on it and Con @shavetheman has used it before.

There website is :

http://whispers-from-the-woods.myshopify.com/

Site needs some work. No ingredients list, no mention of container size. There is $5 and $20... how big are they? They have $0 (free?) sample tin... what does that get you? No option to choose which scent. I can add more than one, so if I add ten, do I get ten samples for just the price of postage or will I get 10 empty tins into which I can place a sample? Oh, and then there is the bulk lot of three - for exactly three times the price of three individuals. Not exactly a compelling reason to buy bulk.

Have you used them before?
I seem to recall that someone here (@Nightguard ?) used some of this and wasn't impressed. Their bath soap is good but their shave soap wasn't.

I think if we have a section or sticky of Aussie soaps then they have to be tested and confirmed as reasonable by at least 2-3 members. There's quite a few soapmakers in Oz who make a very decent bath soap but don't know diddly-squat about making a decent shaving soap.

Have you used them before?
I seem to recall that someone here (@Nightguard ?) used some of this and wasn't impressed. Their bath soap is good but their shave soap wasn't.
Yes, I tried it before and I've got very strange feeling about it. The smell is fantastic. Performance is all right - not great, but not bad. But it's really difficult to load it. I tried it when I was just started wet shaving so I though I might had bad technique. I probably should try it again and post a short review. Still have it somewhere at the back of my drawers.

I'm going to order most of the 'Whispers from the woods' shave soaps today based on their 'in the tub' look alone, they look to be really well formulated although only a week or 2 of shaving with them will determine if they are I guess. I'll post a review or contribute to @dewynter if he starts a review thread on them so we can see what we thing

I'm going to order most of the 'Whispers from the woods' shave soaps today based on their 'in the tub' look alone, they look to be really well formulated although only a week or 2 of shaving with them will determine if they are I guess. I'll post a review or contribute to @dewynter if he starts a review thread on them so we can see what we thing

Great! I'm keen to hear more about the soaps. Always great to buy locally made products.

@SydBJW has some on the way as well so can comment once he's tried it.
He is known as Dr Suds from having more soaps than people have clothes! So he is well placed to compare and rank it. [emoji6]

Yes, I tried it before and I've got very strange feeling about it. The smell is fantastic. Performance is all right - not great, but not bad. But it's really difficult to load it. I tried it when I was just started wet shaving so I though I might had bad technique. I probably should try it again and post a short review. Still have it somewhere at the back of my drawers.

Ah, I found where these were mentioned: in the Aussie Vendor thread.
It was @alfredus who has used these soaps before and -like you- got nothing from the lather. The vendor replied to his email asking about it saying that he couldn't guarantee that it would lather!

Based on the experience of @alfredus I would stay away from these soaps and vendor. Too many great soaps to waste time with those with no respect for the customer nor their product.