baby octopus

Discussion started by sealer, Aug 9, 2018.

1. sealer

sealer Member

I tried because I saw them the other day at Woolies...

The origin
    [​IMG]

warming up
    [​IMG]

keep going mate!
    [​IMG]

the end, this is a small fraction of the work, in a small bowl for dinner, certaily not bad
    [​IMG]

certainly not bad, not at all, just a problem, baby octpus are nor regularly seen in the wooolies or coles around hobart! :(

Scotty, TomG, todras and 3 others like this.
  2. Nico

Nico Member 2018 Charity Auction Winner

That will work well with pasta.

3. todras

todras est Français pour après-rasage Menth Dealer

Superb!

We get them at the seafood markets here. I do Teriyaki baby Octopus sometimes using a variation of this recipe or sometimes Pulpo à la feria ;)

sealer and fruityasu like this.
  4. Nico

Nico Member 2018 Charity Auction Winner

Teriyaki baby Octopus sounds nice. Need to check this out.

fruityasu and todras like this.
  5. todras

Thats a fairly generic treatment of the recipe, but with a few more things you can make it a great one :)

fruityasu likes this.
  6. tim33z

tim33z Member 2018 Sabbatical Fail

Such as a sizzling hot plate??

fruityasu likes this.
  7. todras

Fresh Galangal, Lemongrass, Kaffir Lime Leaves & juice, Coriander stems, Shrimp Paste, Palm Sugar, etc, etc.

Marinade the whole show for 24hrs prior to cooking it also.

8. tim33z

tim33z Member 2018 Sabbatical Fail

I'm only having a lend. ;)
    I work for a Japanese company and up until a few years ago had never had raw seafood. My boss said he was the same for years and always ordered something cooked from a menu. Before that he would joke with them all by tossing the chef a box of matches :LOL:

sealer, fruityasu and todras like this.
  9. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Active Member Grand Society 2017 Sabbatical Fail 2018 Charity Auction Winner

Darn!! :wideyed: I’m bloody hungry, hurry up @sealer past it over, come on past me the bowl and a fork also a spoon :p:D please ;)

10. alfredus

alfredus organises many group buys State Convenor - SA Group Buy Caporegime Charity Auction Team

If you haven't eaten Bluefin Toro Sashimi you haven't lived :D

fruityasu and sealer like this.
  11. Rami

Rami Active Member 2017 Sabbatical Fail 2018 Charity Auction Winner

If you haven’t caught your own bluefin toro sashimi. You have not lived.;)

fruityasu, alfredus and sealer like this.
  12. sealer

sealer Member

I have some with Fetucchine, and worked quite well. Even, just the sauce will dress some pasta quite well. Next time I will probably fill the pot to make more sauce and freeze it for future dishes like pasta, rice etc :)

I will keep teriyaki in mind for next time, sounds really good. Making a pulpo a la feria would be great if I found a large octopus or convince a friend to spearfish one or two for me. I don't think Hobart is great for easily getting seafood (and I love FishMarkets, for buying but also just for walking through and see all these beauties)
    Here I made a quite similar to 'Sauce Américaine' with a bit of red wine (that's why is is darker)

Sorry mate, they have gone :sorry::happy:

fruityasu, Nico and SpeedyPC like this.
  13. alfredus

alfredus organises many group buys State Convenor - SA Group Buy Caporegime Charity Auction Team

I'm a lazy city dweller who likes to support his outrageously expensive fish mongers :(

fruityasu, sealer and Rami like this.