baby octopus

sealer

I tried because I saw them the other day at Woolies...

The origin
Y9IP21b.jpg

warming up
LgeutiS.jpg

keep going mate!
MfhmcDg.jpg

the end, this is a small fraction of the work, in a small bowl for dinner, certaily not bad
NOg6QBF.jpg

certainly not bad, not at all, just a problem, baby octpus are nor regularly seen in the wooolies or coles around hobart! :(

The origin
Y9IP21b.jpg

warming up
LgeutiS.jpg

keep going mate!
MfhmcDg.jpg

the end, this is a small fraction of the work, in a small bowl for dinner, certaily not bad
NOg6QBF.jpg

certainly not bad, not at all, just a problem, baby octpus are nor regularly seen in the wooolies or coles around hobart! :(

That will work well with pasta.

The origin
Y9IP21b.jpg

warming up
LgeutiS.jpg

keep going mate!
MfhmcDg.jpg

NOg6QBF.jpg

Superb!

We get them at the seafood markets here. I do Teriyaki baby Octopus sometimes using a variation of this recipe or sometimes Pulpo à la feria ;)

Teriyaki baby Octopus sounds nice. Need to check this out.

Thats a fairly generic treatment of the recipe, but with a few more things you can make it a great one :)

Such as a sizzling hot plate??

Fresh Galangal, Lemongrass, Kaffir Lime Leaves & juice, Coriander stems, Shrimp Paste, Palm Sugar, etc, etc.

Marinade the whole show for 24hrs prior to cooking it also.

Fresh Galangal, Lemongrass, Kaffir Lime Leaves & juice, Coriander stems, Shrimp Paste, Palm Sugar, etc, etc.

Marinade the whole show for 24hrs prior to cooking it also.
I'm only having a lend. ;)
I work for a Japanese company and up until a few years ago had never had raw seafood. My boss said he was the same for years and always ordered something cooked from a menu. Before that he would joke with them all by tossing the chef a box of matches :LOL:

If you haven't eaten Bluefin Toro Sashimi you haven't lived :D

That will work well with pasta.

I have some with Fetucchine, and worked quite well. Even, just the sauce will dress some pasta quite well. Next time I will probably fill the pot to make more sauce and freeze it for future dishes like pasta, rice etc :)

Superb!

We get them at the seafood markets here. I do Teriyaki baby Octopus sometimes using a variation of this recipe or sometimes Pulpo à la feria ;)

I will keep teriyaki in mind for next time, sounds really good. Making a pulpo a la feria would be great if I found a large octopus or convince a friend to spearfish one or two for me. I don't think Hobart is great for easily getting seafood (and I love FishMarkets, for buying but also just for walking through and see all these beauties)
Here I made a quite similar to 'Sauce Américaine' with a bit of red wine (that's why is is darker)

Darn!! :wideyed: I’m bloody hungry, hurry up @sealer past it over, come on past me the bowl and a fork also a spoon :p:D please ;)

Sorry mate, they have gone :sorry::happy: