barber shop scent

Ross

I have enough soap to last 2 years but it is mostly all sandalwood. I want a soap ,splash with the sent of an old world barber shop something to take me back to my early years in my god fathers baber shop playing with the chair and strop .so what is out there ?
thanks guys

fine American blend
Pinaud clubman
Bluebeard's revenge
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements CAD
Shaver Heaven Barbershop

Add Stirling barbershop to that list and you have the definitive list of sweet American, powdery/musk style barbershop fragrances. CAD from PAA would be my pick for longevity, strength and fragrance design. I find most of these way to sweet nowadays, but they are incredibly popular none the less.

The other traditional barbershop fragrances are the Italian herbaceous-citrus type which are hands down my personal preference....My personal favourite is 'Seville' from Barrister and Mann and Acqua Di Palma Colonia. Stirling's Piacenza is an accessible approximation/ballpark of AdP Colonia that is substantially cheaper and I am sure there are others that fit the herbaceous, citrus family.

Add Stirling barbershop to that list and you have the definitive list of sweet American, powdery/musk style barbershop fragrances. CAD from PAA would be my pick for longevity, strength and fragrance design. I find most of these way to sweet nowadays, but they are incredibly popular none the less.

The other traditional barbershop fragrances are the Italian herbaceous-citrus type which are hands down my personal preference....My personal favourite is 'Seville' from Barrister and Mann and Acqua Di Palma Colonia. Stirling's Piacenza is an accessible approximation/ballpark of AdP Colonia that is substantially cheaper and I am sure there are others that fit the herbaceous, citrus family.
You always have to one up in the recommendations. Maybe you should make your own soaps ;) you're spot on mate. Have not tried any B&M soaps. Haven't gotten around to getting any

You always have to one up in the recommendations. Maybe you should make your own soaps ;) you're spot on mate. Have not tried any B&M soaps. Haven't gotten around to getting any

The distinction is not really specific to Barrister and Mann per se, other than Will happens to do a soap of that style I really enjoy. There are a number of Italian style herbaceous/citrus soaps and splashes on the market. Making time to acquire some B&M is something I would very highly recommend...

In posting I thought it was a good opportunity to draw attention to the two broadly speaking, general 'iterations' of barbershop fragrances for the newer members here and how there has been a wealth of discussion regarding them over the years, in short some people associate barbershop with the musk/powdery group while for others it's the Italian style. The general consensus is that 'barbershop' does not have a fixed distinction, it's a catch all term for two different families of fragrances.

If you do some searching on P&C, reddit and across all the other wet-shaving forums for a number of years you will find the same discussion with two main flavours of opinion. Sharpologist (I think) even ran a straw poll and collated a bunch of data based on preferences for the two types in an effort to find out what factors influence preference and response. The TLDR of the data and most of the discussions is that depending on your nationality, age and so forth people will tend to associate the fragrance of 'barbershop' with generally either the musk/powder type (American barbershop) or the Italian type of barbershop. There is no right and wrong, it's down to personal likes and preferences.

The distinction is not really specific to Barrister and Mann per se, other than Will happens to do a soap of that style I really enjoy. There are a number of Italian style herbaceous/citrus soaps and splashes on the market. Making time to acquire some B&M is something I would very highly recommend...

In posting I thought it was a good opportunity to draw attention to the two broadly speaking, general 'iterations' of barbershop fragrances for the newer members here and how there has been a wealth of discussion regarding them over the years, in short some people associate barbershop with the musk/powdery group while for others it's the Italian style. The general consensus is that 'barbershop' does not have a fixed distinction, it's a catch all term for two different families of fragrances.

If you do some searching on P&C, reddit and across all the other wet-shaving forums for a number of years you will find the same discussion with two main flavours of opinion. Sharpologist (I think) even ran a straw poll and collated a bunch of data based on preferences for the two types in an effort to find out what factors influence preference and response. The TLDR of the data and most of the discussions is that depending on your nationality, age and so forth people will tend to associate the fragrance of 'barbershop' with generally either the musk/powder type (American barbershop) or the Italian type of barbershop. There is no right and wrong, it's down to personal likes and preferences.
Thank you Dan. Love your knowledge mate always good to hear. Yep, the ones I got my hands on first have been the musky, powdery scents. But the Italian type I've had much less experience with, only Piacenza by Stirling.

I'm told the for the Italian herbal / citrus experience in an edc the cella Colonia is a good quality and cheap option. They also do one with lavender.

Of course they're not a soap but you could use them to dope another soap, or just use as an edc. Just don't buy cella soap looking for that scent...