Review Barbershop by Shaver Heaven

Dale.Whiley

2017 Sabbatical
Townsville - postcode is one digit off heaven
Shaver Heaven Barbershop Shave Soap

I have used this soap now the last 4 days using 3 different straights and each was a cold water shave and face lather using the Simpson Berkeley badger.

Barbershop%20by%20Shaver%20Heaven_zpspqbxmo7w.jpg~original
@Anthony from Shaver Heaven describes it thus:

Product Description
You'll be instantly transported to the barbershop's chair while using this classic scented soap and closing your eyes. This is a modern take on the classic scent which was used at the barbershops all those years ago! Quite a masculine scent with a sharp, clean finish! All of this in our BRAND NEW formulation!

Ingredients: Saponified Stearic Acid, Saponified Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, Aqua (Water), Glycerine, Saponified Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Fragrance (Essential Oils and/or Fragrance), Sodium Lactate.​

Upon opening the lid I was greeted with a pleasant scent, familiar yet I could not really decide on why it was familiar. My wife had a shiff and was instantly impressed. Reminded her of her Dad’s shave and hair cream cabinet. It was then I remembered Dad taking me to Tony’s barbershop at Stafford in Brisbane year after year. Remember those days? A real barber, a genuine relationship between barber and client? Call me old-fashioned, but yeah ... ... ... those were the days.

The lather.
I bloomed the soap while I stropped the straight and filled the sink, loaded the brush in 15-20 seconds and started to face lather. The new formula that @Anthony bases his soaps on is a winner. I was a big fan of Shaver Heaven soaps before but now the lathers are just superb. Lather just grows and grows, full, yoghurt-like consistency and stays moist on the face until the end pass.

The shave.
Each straight just glided across the face. This new formulation (also in the Drogon Noir I purchased) is a definite winner. Shaver Heaven soaps have gone into another league; everything in a great shave soap.

To sum it up - old school. None of this flashy, smell like a petal from some flower that only grows 4,000' above sea level and on the Western side on mountains in the Northern hemisphere, harvested by a pigmy tribe biannually. Just memories from my childhood - A Dad and his boys at an old fashioned local barber.

Sounds like all class! Wonderful that the scent held such precious memories for you @Dale.Whiley [emoji106]
It'll be a joy to recall many memories whenever you use it.

Sensational review mate!!!