Review Bath House Cuban Cedar & Lime

nav1

Active Member from afar
2018 Sabbatical Fail
I'm a real big fan of hard, milled shaving soaps and recently wanted to try out some soaps that really don't get any airtime on the forums (I recently posted a review of the Baume.be soap, which was a TOTAL DUD!!). In fact, I wasn't able to find any forum reviews on this soap from Bath House.

So, in a blind purchase, I ordered the Cuban Cedar & Lime soap. I was half expecting a dud but I was also hopeful that a soap that has been on the market for many years may actually perform well (although we know what the likes of GFT et al have done to their soaps!).

Anyhow, upon opening the box, I was greeted by such a wonderful scent! It's not at all simple and one dimensional as the name would suggest. It's a beautiful hit of zesty lime and grapefruit (I am guessing the bergamot contributed to the zesty citrus notes also). These top notes are backed up by very mild spicy notes and slightly stronger wood notes. It is so refreshing and also complex. I really, really enjoyed the scent! The best part is that the scent is the same when lathered up and the scrength also remains when lathered (I'd say it's medium to mildly strong).

Now to the performance...to my relief and delight, it lathered up absolutely fantastically! The proto-lather was so thick that I was excited by that stage. I proceeded to face lather and it exploded into really creamy, slick lather. It can take a LOT of water!! I loaded the brush less in subsequent use!

Overall, I'm so glad I got this soap and it will always be in my rotation. I also have their Spanish Fig and Nutmeg on the way. I'd highly recommend the soap to anyone!

Lather pics or it didn't happen :D

Here's a lather pic, 12 second load with my 25mm synthetic. I face lather so this is after lathering up for the 1st pass.

It was very creamy and rich lather for the entire shave. It doesn't dissipate at all.

Not sure why it's sideways.
You can click the pic for a clearer view.

I'm a real big fan of hard, milled shaving soaps and recently wanted to try out some soaps that really don't get any airtime on the forums (I recently posted a review of the Baume.be soap, which was a TOTAL DUD!!). In fact, I wasn't able to find any forum reviews on this soap from Bath House.

So is this a triple milled soap? I couldn't find any info regarding that on their web site. I like the sound of this soap.

@Pbgoose
Yup
It's a rock solid triple milled soap.
There's info on the English shaving company website.

But don't buy it without first checking the shipping. TESC has their 99p worldwide shipping offer a few times a year so you can buy a few things and get practically free shipping.

I said 'I need to..'. I never claimed to be reformed!! OK! So it's not going well! But it was less than $40.00 so that's OK right? And no I haven't told my wife. It was all @nav1 's fault........

Calm down.. I just need a little shave soap therapy.:wacky:
Absolutely. If you had of brought something or somewhere else you would of spent much more. Excellent lesson in saving money!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I said 'I need to..'. I never claimed to be reformed!! OK! So it's not going well! But it was less than $40.00 so that's OK right? And no I haven't told my wife. It was all @nav1 's fault........

Calm down.. I just need a little shave soap therapy.:wacky:

Sure, I'll take the bullet for you! You can tell your wife it was my fault as long as you return the favour at some point :D

The Spanish Fig and nutmeg is a great scent, and their soap formula is an excellent performer.

My only complaint would be that the EdT doesn't hang around long enough, couple of hours at most on my skin. Extro "Positano" is a fig scented splash that lasts all day, but it lacks the nutmeg......... mixing the Extro with the Bath House EdT gives the best of both worlds.

The Spanish Fig and nutmeg is a great scent, and their soap formula is an excellent performer.

My only complaint would be that the EdT doesn't hang around long enough, couple of hours at most on my skin. Extro "Positano" is a fig scented splash that lasts all day, but it lacks the nutmeg......... mixing the Extro with the Bath House EdT gives the best of both worlds.

I generally read positive feedback about their edts...but can't say about longevity as I don't use any edt.

The shaving soaps are great performers with lovely scents, That's for sure.

They were blind purchases and I'm very happy with how it turned out for me.

You idea to mix two edts sounds very interesting actually!