Bay Rum Aftershave, Scent (long lasting NOT a 5 min wonder)

LesC

Hi, I'm about to finish my last :cry: bottle of Ogallala Bay Rum Aftershave, that I bought direct (when it was allowed) from John at Ogallala, and I am wondering if anyone can recommend a Bay Rum Aftershave or Balm that has a long lasting scent and not a 5 minute whiff!! Cheers. Ps: Aussie Made if possible!!

The Taylor of Old Bond Street Bay Rum is extremely potent. I am talking needs to be showered away. I used mine once and never again it was so strong. I liked the fragrance, after a few hours it became to cloying for my likes. Might be ok if your a Captain Jack Sparrow person.

The Taylor of Old Bond Street Bay Rum is extremely potent. I am talking needs to be showered away. I used mine once and never again it was so strong. I liked the fragrance, after a few hours it became to cloying for my likes. Might be ok if your a Captain Jack Sparrow person.
Might work for myself then, im told my scent holes dont work the best due to some contorting of certain internal parts, at least ill be able to know it works and itll last all day 👍

I like my Ogallala Bay Rum Aftershave but looking forward to trying Stirling + Phoenix & Beau's also sampled Murphy & McNeil Bad Mor Shaving Soap (Bay Rum) which I really enjoyed. St John's is definitely on the stronger more astringent side.

Gents, thanks for the input I've gone for the Phoenix and Beau, Bay Rum from Beard and Blade, (like the Balm idea seems to last longer)
I would like to have tried the St John's after reading numerous reviews but $25 USD (minimum) postage put me off, cheers

After having a read of that article I've ordered Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum.

Like LesC, I've been looking for a Bay Rum scent that will last for at least most of the day so I'm glad this post was resurrected. My favourite is P&B's Bay Rum but it will only last about 2 hours before you have to reapply. I've also tried Taylor of Old Bond Street and although the scent is nice, it to doesn't last the distance either.

The one I was really disappointed with was Noble Otter, I really love all their products but Plunder was a real let down for me.

Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum.
Pinaud Bay Rum is going to make your face scream like wild fire for about 4 or 5 minutes.

giphy.gif

Nothing like a little wake up call in the morning 🤣
I wouldn't call it a little wakeup call in the morning, I would call it a massive nightmare wakeup call in the morning, while you're face will be red for about 4 or 5 minutes and your wife will say to you..... honey how come your face is so RED! like a sunburn in the bloody morning :mad:

I too do like a nice Bay Rum and figured that maybe just one more tiny bottle in the den won't be noticed.
So (after reading on a UK forum about it) I bought Layrite No.9 Bay Rum.
Said to be nice stuff. It's in the mail to me as I write so it may arrive before Xmas.
Anyone (@SpeedyPC probably) used this before?

I wouldn't call it a little wakeup call in the morning, I would call it a massive nightmare wakeup call in the morning, while you're face will be red for about 4 or 5 minutes and your wife will say to you..... honey how come your face is so RED! like a sunburn in the bloody morning :mad:

It arrived yesterday. Heeding your advice I put a little on my wrist to test. It started to burn, so not a good first impression.

Later on I put some on my face and it was ok and the missus liked it so, so far so good.

It arrived yesterday. Heeding your advice I put a little on my wrist to test. It started to burn, so not a good first impression.

Later on I put some on my face and it was ok and the missus liked it so, so far so good.
Trust me you’ll be screaming after your shave when you apply the Clubman Bay Rum on your face

Sorry Horse @Blackie I haven’t tried the Layrite No.9 Bay Rum.

Sorry Horse @Blackie I haven’t tried the Layrite No.9 Bay Rum.
That's OK...it arrived about 1 hour later! So I had to open it up and bung on a couple of drops. Will do it properly next time though...I was just having a wee play to test the scent and test the burn!
It's fine...no burn, nice scent.
It won't last all day, but smells great when first bunged on.
I'd say it's a 1/2 day and done job...but will try it straight after the shave tomorrow to test the longevity.
https://www.beardandblade.com.au/products/layrite-no-9-bay-rum-aftershave-118ml