Beat the heat Soaps

JugV2

Simply boring.
I guess in this heat a good menthol soap is assuredly the one to turn to.

Proraso springs to mind, especially for those of us lucky enough to have some of the original recipe in our collection.

But what is your go-to summer soap? Do you look for cooling properties or floral, lasting scent?

IMHO too much menthol burns and not cooling at all.
- Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe has just enough menthol to be refreshing no irritation and very soothing but no scent after 30 minutes.
- Proraso Green Tea again no irritation but no scent after 1 Hr
I do miss the lasting scents like Reef Point Soaps Command Presence and Submariner and prefer Autumnal barbershop talc scents even in the heat
Looking forward to opening Christmas stocking and breaking out the APR, Soap Commander and Murphy McNeil

Hey @JugV2 how is the XXX in this heat?
Hey @Holiday

Just got out of the pool and had a shower and a shave, using the XXX soap. I find it to be refreshing and subtle. Not cooling as such, but it's a lovely tropical climate soap. The scent has legs even after an hour.

Next meet I will give you a sample as I have another 5 Razorock soaps on the way too.

It would be nice to have the best of both worlds cooling and refreshing, low irritation and long lasting scent

Some would dare suggest that I shave with pure liquified menthol during summer!

Barrister and Mann Terror is very chilling; uses some sort of synthetic menthol apparently. Highly recommended, but it was only a limited edition run a few months ago so not sure how much is still out there.

I also have Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Cold Spices, which has a hint of menthol chill. And good old Proraso green of course.

B&M Terror
The synthetic cooling agent in B&M Terror is brilliant. Unlike menthol it’s not a slap in the face, it’s less intense but very long lasting. For me the sensation is very pleasant and lasts for a good 4 hours plus, especially when paired with the matching aftershave and the excelsior soap base is top tier.

I also have Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Cold Spices, which has a hint of menthol chill. And good old Proraso green of course.

@astinus4 did you mention at meetup there is a barbershop or supplier in Darwin stocking Proraso Green?

Do you run menthol through the AC? :ROFLMAO:
Just a dab on the filter. Makes me think of my favourite soaps...

That have been ruined by the addition of menthol.. nah menthol is okay... like menthol smokes when that’s all that’s around.. it will do.