Been gone too long.....

Dan.05

Good evening all of you fellow Aussie shave enthusiasts. It's been many years since I frequented these parts. I was a regular poster and contributor. I was learning all about the right way to wet shave and also how to use both a double edge and a straight razor. I tried my hand at restoring some old straight razors that were forgotten by their owners with great success.

Since then (2018) i have been neck deep into collecting watches as a hobby and have learned to service the movements of them. I also began a love affair with vintage fountain pens, also massing a collection of some nice vintage pieces like the watches. But here I am once again, back where it all began. I never left wet shaving as my prefered method, using a 1957 Gillette red tip as my go to. Last night was the first time in a long time that I pulled out the 1930's Beaujeu Dumontel Siana and did a 3 pass shave.
Out came the strop and the scuttle and it was just like riding a bike. It was like seeing old friends again that you haven't seen for many year and ran into each other at a reunion of sorts.

3 passes no weeps, it was strictly as the forum suggests.

Just posting to say hello again and that I will see all of you fine people around once again.

Welcome (back)!

Other rabbit holes can be just as expensive :)

Good evening all of you fellow Aussie shave enthusiasts. It's been many years since I frequented these parts. I was a regular poster and contributor. I was learning all about the right way to wet shave and also how to use both a double edge and a straight razor. I tried my hand at restoring some old straight razors that were forgotten by their owners with great success.

Since then (2018) i have been neck deep into collecting watches as a hobby and have learned to service the movements of them. I also began a love affair with vintage fountain pens, also massing a collection of some nice vintage pieces like the watches. But here I am once again, back where it all began. I never left wet shaving as my prefered method, using a 1957 Gillette red tip as my go to. Last night was the first time in a long time that I pulled out the 1930's Beaujeu Dumontel Siana and did a 3 pass shave.
Out came the strop and the scuttle and it was just like riding a bike. It was like seeing old friends again that you haven't seen for many year and ran into each other at a reunion of sorts.

3 passes no weeps, it was strictly as the forum suggests.

Just posting to say hello again and that I will see all of you fine people around once again.
what watches are you collecting

Did you do a course on the watch servicing or self taught .
I have watched a few videos on servicing watches and have a huge respect for these artisans.

Welcome back (y)