Bengall 5/8 from fleabay.

pvsampson

It was in the mailbox as I was driving the girls to bus stop,so postie was early today.
Had a quick look at it before bus came and was surprised at how good condition it is in as the pics on fleabay did not show it. Gave it a clean and polish and some marks still in the blade but it scrubbed up great, and for an old razor I was expecting some marks but it was far better than I thought.I didn't touch the edge at all either. Pretty bloody happy with it.

Before and after pics....

2JkLyx1l.jpg

wISXpqzl.jpg

KjMUUWcl.jpg

QAPiRsyl.jpg

GIyqimCl.jpg

BC4zJ5vl.jpg

Wow. That looks great! Well done!
I look forward to hearing how it shaves.

It was in the mailbox as I was driving the girls to bus stop,so postie was early today.
Had a quick look at it before bus came and was surprised at how good condition it is in as the pics on fleabay did not show it. Gave it a clean and polish and some marks still in the blade but it scrubbed up great, and for an old razor I was expecting some marks but it was far better than I thought.I didn't touch the edge at all either. Pretty bloody happy with it.

Before and after pics....

2JkLyx1l.jpg

wISXpqzl.jpg

KjMUUWcl.jpg

QAPiRsyl.jpg

GIyqimCl.jpg

BC4zJ5vl.jpg
WOW !! that looks really nice

This Bengall has been playing in the mud
nice & fresh ready for a face to smooth over

minor geometry realignments
Reshape stabilizer to suit worn blade with a 1k diamond plate followed by 1k Naniwa SS
Reset blade to spine geometry with focus at the heal & toe with a 1k diamond plate followed by 1k Naniwa
Honing
This edge was taken from a Naniwa SS 1k with 600 grit slurry to clean water to set the bevel
then progressed onto a Jnat progression
Polishing work was done a Uchigomoru Suita using a self-slurry through to clean water
Prefinished on a Shoubudani Asagi using a self-slurry through to clean water finish
And finished on a Nakayama Asagi using a self-slurry through to clean water finish
No further abrasives were used to finish this razor

aDkojHO.jpg

UMd92hA.jpg

eijShI0.jpg

k0mxx8U.jpg

IxU9N6V.jpg

Last edited: