Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Well it seems like my time at Flickr might be coming to an end -

Important service updates and dates to remember
December 17, 2018

For the past few months, we’ve been talking about upcoming changes to both Flickr Pro and Flickr Free accounts. There are a couple very important dates approaching quickly that will affect the features of all Flickr accounts. If you want a quick refresher to know why we’re making changes to Flickr Free accounts and exactly what’s changing, check out this blog post.

Important dates
January 8, 2019: Free accounts will be limited to 1,000 photos and videos. Free accounts with more than 1,000 items will no longer be able to upload new photos or videos.

February 5, 2019: Any items over the 1,000-upload limit will be at risk of deletion, starting with the oldest of the items. Photos licensed through Creative Commons before November 1, 2018 will not be deleted, even for accounts over the 1,000 limit.

I have over 1,000 photos it seems (although I'm not sure how many over) and either need to update ($US50 pa) or go elsewhere.

Suggest some alternatives people!

And remove ALL your content from Flickr while you still can, so you're able to maintain some control over it.
As I dare say buried in their terms of use, that they retain rights/ownership without liability to any content on their site.
When their user base, thus revenue diminishes due to this 'pro' bullshit, they're going to seek other forms of revenue...

Yet if you desire to control your content, including making it private so only visible to those with the link, you require a login from the best of my knowledge.

Yet if you desire to control your content, including making it private so only visible to those with the link, you require a login from the best of my knowledge.

That's fair enough. If you want to control your content, you must have to prove that it is yours, i.e. by uploading it while being logged, so it is linked to a certain account. I m happy with imgur, but yes, they may change their policy any time like the rest...

Good call, @Mark1966. Same old, same old - many of us went through this with photobucket a while back.

I've trimmed back my flickr albums such that it would not have a significant effect on my historical posts, although I suspect the odd bad link will crop up.

I've now moved to imgur, like most others. In my opinion, not as nimble, user-friendly or pretty as the Flickr interface, but it does the job.

I have an account there as they have gallery and privacy options, but I also have my images synced to my Goggle Drive and my server as a redundancy.
The thought about using Google drives gives me nightmares :D :D :D

The thought about using Google drives gives me nightmares :D:D:D

Oh thats easily overcome, you just make an account solely for shaving pictures and do not associate it with any of your personal accounts.