Bigger country, smaller brush...

ben74

Grand Society
Even smaller than the Wee Scot, I present: "Le petit Plisson..."

CrCGtmrUkAEBtDj.jpg:large

Oh god, that's soo small, I'd misplace it in no time!

Nice Ben, how do these compare to the Wee Scot 'Nanos'?

Wow. Surely someone is taking the piss? I'm a fan of the wee Scot but I can't imagine when a smaller brush might be required beyond novelty?

Wow. Surely someone is taking the piss? I'm a fan of the wee Scot but I can't imagine when a smaller brush might be required beyond novelty?
That wouldn't even hold 5 grams of soap!

Am I alone in not being able to see any of your images @ben74 ?

I'm using FF on Debian and even with uBlock origin etc disabled and a CTRL-F5 I cannae see any of your pictures you post with the exception of the occasional SOTD. I tried on my windows box (Chrome and FF) to the same effect, I'm wondering what image hosting service you employ or what the problem may be.

@todras I had the same issues seeing someone's images within a post the other day in a desktop but on mobile or was fine. Never did get to the bottom of it

Have you used it? Is it practical?

attachment.php

Practical... No.
Useable... Yes.

I was actually rather impressed with its ability to be functional. I hold it between thumb and index finger and can generate lather for 1 maybe at a push 2 passes. The knot has good backbone (more than most of my other Plissons brushes) and the same superb flow through. The tips are soft enough, but admittedly there is some sensation (which I don't mind). The knot has bloomed more than expected and provides more face presence than I expected. I find it neither unpleasant or too difficult to use, but I couldn't imagine bowl lathering - this is strictly for face lathering. Just like excessively large brushes there's a stigma that they are unusable, but part of the allure of shaving brushes for me is their aesthetic AND functional qualities.

Dimensions of the brush are:
Loft height: 33mm
Loft diameter: 10mm
Handle height: 20mm
Handle diameter: 15mm

attachment.php

Am I alone in not being able to see any of your images @ben74 ?

I'm using FF on Debian and even with uBlock origin etc disabled and a CTRL-F5 I cannae see any of your pictures you post with the exception of the occasional SOTD. I tried on my windows box (Chrome and FF) to the same effect, I'm wondering what image hosting service you employ or what the problem may be.

I'm not much of computer guru, so I don't have an explanation for you @todras - sorry! :(

I had a 'semi-nano' - Great Scott!! It is 'wee' - but butterscotch as well! which was slightly bigger than the earlier nanos but smaller than current ones. I now have a butterscotch 'current' size - would be interested in the dimensions on that Plisson.
Your semi nano butterscotch wee scot is awesome!

I posted them above, but here they are again.

Dimensions of the Petit Plisson:
Loft height: 33mm
Loft diameter: 10mm
Handle height: 20mm
Handle diameter: 15mm

Wee Scott in faux tortoise:

CiGI5elU4AEmWAS.jpg:large