Billy Goat Brushworks

Lefonque

I received my first Billy Goat Brushworks brush. It is truly a thing of beauty. The handle is a synthesis is Mallee root and resin. The brush is called “The Sunset”. The knot is a G6 badger with good backbone.

As a wet shaver since the late1960s. I have used many bushes from well known brands and seen even more, this one however is really one out of the box. It is one substantial unit.

I was so impressed the first thing I did was to order a second brush from the Esty store. I then set about my usual procedure of breaking in a new badger brush. After 2 day I used the new brush for the first time. A brush can look good, feel good but ultimately the question for me is how does it perform. This one did not disappoint. The words that I would use to describe this one is simply a lather monster. It created a bowl of the richest, smoothest lather of any new badger that I ever known. It provided thee perfect medium for a wonderfully great shave. In all fantastic.

I started talking to George from Billy Goat Brushworks via Instagram and not only does he made a magnificent brush but he is incredibly helpful and I am now discussing a third brush with him. This time a boar to stand alongside my other brushes.

If you want a Billy Goat Brushworks masterpiece you can’t have mine but you can go to his Esty store or on Instagram and contemplate one of your own.

Happy Shaves

0fPkEk6.jpg

Sensational. I grew up in the Mallee, on a farm adjacent to the Sunset Desert. I was planning to ask TF to make a custom Mallee burl brush for me one day, but I think I may have have found an alternative vendor seeing as TF has shut up shop! @Lefonque is G6 Badger synthetic, or what grade of natural?

It is a natural badger. Not sure what grade looks like a silver tip. It is one big brush. Talk to George on Instagram ask him about the exact profile of my brush or alternatively what you want. He has a number of different knots. He seems like a really good guy. Eager to help.

Last edited: