Blackland Blackbird

Rabid Badger

2018 Charity Auction Winner
I am keen to purchase a Blackbird, but don't have the funds to stump up for both base plates. I was hoping that anyone who has used both could provide me with some feedback/comparison of the two. From the pictures on the website, the edge on the closed comb base looks to be really sharp. Whereas, it doesn't seem as pronounced on the open comb.

I do like open comb heads and have in my collection Above The Tie S2 (love it) and Charcoal Goods levels 3 (a bit too aggressive for my liking) and 2 (near perfect).

Any opinions welcomed

I can't help you with your question but the blackbird is a damn sexy razor!!

Only the open comb not both hence the delay in posting as that was your original question :cool:
So yes you can feel the combs on the OC but only if you get the angle wrong. While shaving at the right angle you can't feel the comb teeth. But if you pull the handle closer to your face you can feel them but also at that angle you are dragging the blade.
So if used correctly, no teeth are felt. Very efficient razor and mid aggressive and definitely on the postive side of it. The blade exposure is forward and care needs to be taken to reduce irritation.