Blackland ERA razor.

If its anywhere as good as the other offerings then I expect a winner and for the price point it should tempt many...?

It appears Charcoal Goods are also planning for a few new releases so plenty to look forward to in the near future from two of the best razor makers!. :)

If its anywhere as good as the other offerings then I expect a winner and for the price point it should tempt many...?

It appears Charcoal Goods are also planning for a few new releases so plenty to look forward to in the near future from two of the best razor makers!. :)
giphy.gif

HEY!! @rhodes96, the poor bastard still can’t make up his own mind again.

So what are what the choices now for @Razor Burn ?
Wolfman
Charcoal Goods
Blackland Razors
The Indian made adjustable. ( appologies forgot the name)

There can be only one answer !:)
Wolfman = less likely as undecided
Charcoal Goods = already own a LE Gen 1 L2 in Brass so pass
Blacklands = sold the Dart, Blackbird too bitey and would love a Vector but don't need added SE blades
Pearl Flexi = highly possible or might save my $$$ for a Titanium Taiga in 2022...?

Until I decide I'll happily enjoy the Sabbatical thanks... :p

Wolfman = less likely as undecided
Charcoal Goods = already own a LE Gen 1 L2 in Brass so pass
Blacklands = sold the Dart, Blackbird too bitey and would love a Vector but don't need added SE blades
Pearl Flexi = highly possible or might save my $$$ for a Titanium Taiga in 2022...?

Until I decide I'll happily enjoy the Sabbatical thanks... :p

Pearl Flexi, that's the name. Looks like an interesting razor especially the price and positive reviews.

OK, I copied a wee bit from Blackland Razors email...

Welcome to the Blackland Era.

Let's start with the basics.

• 100% stainless steel​
  • 100% made in the USA, down to the packaging
  • Metal 3D printed head using the most sophisticated tech in existence
  • Tolerances as tight as CNC machined razors
  • Five base plate levels in both open comb and safety bar for a total of ten base plate options
  • Perfect edge-to-edge blade clamping
  • Impossible to clog
  • Durable and stunning black finish
  • Semi-hollow handle for ideal balance and weight distribution
  • Six grip rings included to add grip when you want it
  • Full razor starts at $75
  • Expected release in May

Join me on Facebook Live to learn more and have your questions answered this Friday at 4pm PDT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it like the karve where you only receive one baseplate, or the 6swith multiple baseplates for the advertised price?
Worth looking at a group buy?

I really don't know or understand what's going on with the Era. It's 3D printed, but tolerances aren't as tight as CNC, so the parts are CNC'd after printing? Why not just CNC a block from the start? You're basically doing 2 process instead of one. From a price perspective, you can get fully milled razors from Razorock and Aliexpress in the same price range or less. Yates is already doing a fully machined razor for WSC for USD$50 that's wholly made in the US. Sure, there's less waste and better for the environment, but that isn't mentioned. The idea (I think) is that you can print on demand, certain plate sizes that wouldn't be readily available. I'll wait for the reviews to come in before I part with any dollaridoos. The shipping cost to here will kill any savings anyway.

The shipping cost to here will kill any savings anyway.
For sure.
I was looking at getting a Bore Tech cleaning rod guide for my CZ457 .22 rifle.
The guide was cheap enough...but $NZ128 for shipping from USA.
It will fit into a damn plastic bag. It's not much larger than a ball point pen.
Crazy prices.
But all is well. I found a nice Aussie company (Lowey) that makes them too.
Bought the guide, and a single shot adapter, plus the shipping for a total of $AUD78.
Yep...happy Kiwi!

For sure.
I was looking at getting a Bore Tech cleaning rod guide for my CZ457 .22 rifle.
The guide was cheap enough...but $NZ128 for shipping from USA.
It will fit into a damn plastic bag. It's not much larger than a ball point pen.
Crazy prices.
But all is well. I found a nice Aussie company (Lowey) that makes them too.
Bought the guide, and a single shot adapter, plus the shipping for a total of $AUD78.
Yep...happy Kiwi!
Gotta love a bargain, and even better, being able to support a local supplier.

I learned my lesson with the Karve and I’ll be skipping this razor.