Blade disposal

MuzKat

Can I get some opinions and advice on best way to dispose of used DE blades? I certainly don't want to just throw them in the bin waiting to slice someone's hand open.

Cheapest option: use or adapt an old tin can.

What I use: a cheap metal money tin with a slot at the top and no bottom to open.

For $1.50 I got a metal money box at one of those el cheapo shops,it has the usual slot at the top,is totally sealed and will probably hold 10 + years of blades,and can then be recycled.

Great idea!

I used a money box for my disposable blades and make sure you get a money box that you really cannot open it at all, it had to be a full tin can only showing a money hole and that all you need you can get anywhere or reject shops from $1 to $5 depends on the size you need. Easy Peasy ;)

This is what you see at the Reject Shop see picture below trust me because I got one ;)
Money-tins.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
I used a money box for my disposable blades and make sure you get a money box that you really cannot open it at all, it had to be a full tin can only showing a money hole and that all you need you can get anywhere or reject shops from $1 to $5 depends on the size you need. Easy Peasy ;)

This is what you see at the Reject Shop see picture below trust me because I got one ;)
Money-tins.jpeg.jpg
My weapon of choice too.

... but I am seriously tempted to cut a a small slit in the bathroom wall and just drop used blades into the cavity.

Just like the good old days!

Taking retro shaving to the next level ;)

I prefer to buy blades which come in plastic boxes with the blade disposal spot at the back. Saves having yet another container in the bathroom (glances a the pile of soaps).

I'm using an old green tea soft drink can. A small empty paint tin I picked up from the recycling centre worked well too.

plastic boxes with the blade disposal

@Sxot not all DE blades do have a plastic boxes with the blade disposal, depending on what brand DE blade wet shavers buy so this is why they used a full tin money box for disposable blades it's very cheap and easy.

Last edited:
My trusty blade disposable unit. 50c from one of those St Vinnie stores.

NdzAgHO.jpg

You give your old blades to Buzz @Lifes a Peach?

Does he send them, 'to infinity, and beyond'?

Safest blade disposal I could think of ;)

Money-tins.jpeg.jpg
Exactly what I use same thing

Buy a can of beef or chicken broth and slit the top of the can just enough for a blade to fit then drain the contents. Rinse, drain and overnight air dry and then you have a secure sealed can to hold the blades. When the can is full place a strip of tape across the small slit and safely discard or recycle. I spray paint mine black for aesthetic purposes. I've seen some guys add shaving verbiage, other decorations, or tape and spray multi-colors like a barber pole. Here a can of broth on sale is .50 or less. A really good secure means especially if you have young kids.