Blade life and choice of razor/soap.

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
Just wondering if anyone has noticed a blade having shorter/longer life with different combination of razors/soaps?
In my NEW LC I could easily get a weeks shaving with a GSB.
In the Game Changer I only manage 4 days.
My Fatboy could also go a week without changing a blade.
The Fatip Picollo only 4 days and biff the blade.
However...I have also changed my soap.
Previously I only had Cella, and Figgy Puddin' (what a shame it's no longer made, but I do have 1/2 a tub left which I have been carefully saving).
When I bought the Game Changer I also bought a selection of soaps as the freight bill was the same anyway for just the razor or for the razor + 4 soaps.
So, I'm working on the theory that the RazoRock soaps are a tad 'thin', and this is leading to the blades loosing their edge quicker.
I'm now just using my Cella, and Figgy Puddin' to see how long the blades last.
It will take a few weeks or so to start to see any difference in blade use.
But I thought maybe some of you had already gone down this road and can report on your thoughts (a spreadsheet would be awesome!).
Looking forward to your input guys.

In my experience and very broadly speaking: the more aggressive the razor, the shorter the blade life.

I generally use a blade only for 2 shaves (4 passes each = 8 passes in total) and also use mild-medium razors, so I really don't see often a difference - but with R41 for example I had to change the blade after just one shave.

Also: I think the less tightly a blade is held by the head (ie the more movement/blade chatter), the shorter the blade life. Having said that, it has been a while, since I used non CNC machined razor heads...

Yes @alfredus I get better blade life from the milder razors (Fatboy for example).
The Game Changer is mild too but certainly shorter blade life. I have the .84 base arriving soon so it will be interesting to see how that compares.