Blade PIF (to OZ with love!).

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
Just a wee blade PIF to you Aussie wetshavers.
Some of you have been having a torrid time lately.
Thought I would send off a wee pack of different blades that you guys could try.
First name in gets the package and hopefully will send it on to next in line after sampling from the selection.
There will be Feathers, GSB, Platinum, Yellows, Greens, Rubie, Nacet, Tigers (the new Czech ones), Thai Thins (someone might love them), Astra SP, Astra SS, Lab Blue, Sputnik, and....I'm not sure what else I have.
I'll try to bung in a couple of tucks of each (Lab Blues will probably be loose) so that a few of you get a chance to try a blade or two that you haven't used before.
Anyone want to be first recipient?

Better still...will you please keep Jacinda (the Commie Princess as we know her)?
That would be great!
Yes we have your lovely fluffy little possums, plus the Parma Wallaby (pest level here).
I read years ago that the Parma was thought to be extinct in OZ, but lo and behold...we was keeping them safe for you. Sent a few back as we are mates.
The Tigers I found (1st shave today with a Tiger) a tad 'scrapy' in the Karve #D plate SB, but OK in the Timeless .68 OC.
Horses for courses I guess (or YMMV).

Parma Wallaby (pest level here).
I read years ago that the Parma was thought to be extinct in OZ, but lo and behold...we was keeping them safe for you.
I just learnt something else tonight. Know we offloaded a few things over there but not them as well.
Maybe if possible can we offer the quokka. Low maintenance and generally eaten by everything else. Another cute animal to increase your tourism.

That has got to be one of the most endearing animals.
About 10 years ago some arseholes were playing Quokka Soccer on Rottnest

Logic is sound, except for some minor environmental hurdles.
Maybe we can swap for some Kiwis, the feathered kind.

Blades have been sent...GSB, Green Super Stainless (St.P), Plats, Astra ( both Green and Blue), Thins (Thai), Tiger, Tatra, Sputnik, Rubie, Nacet, Wilkies (English), Feathers, Lab Blues, Israeli Reds...and I forget what else.
Should be a few good shaves in there.

Last edited:
Dave should have them in about 8 - 10 days, then he has the fun of going through them all!
At least this way, you guys get to try blades you have heard about but not tried yet.
Some may work for you, some may not.
Do keep us informed on here about how blades went...good/bad/meh, etc.
Your thoughts and input may help other shavers.

Good timing they just arrived from NZ this afternoon. I have not had a look at what is in the package and I know RustyBlade was after some of them.

PM me your address and I will send some down

Dave