Blade storage - what do you use?

Some people on this forum don't even need to use the same blade for each stroke on a single pass.

Yeah I'm looking at you, monsta.

I guess it comes back to the days when I only had one razor and changed blades for how I felt. Since then I always take the blade out and give the razor a wipe down and store them empty.

I guess with the quantity of blades some of you guys get you don't need to re-use blades!
I'm not one of them :) Don't really have many blades at all. More than a year ago I bought 100ea of red personnas, israeli plats, feathers and GEM SE. Since then I've only bought 20 astras and GBEs. Still going through them with most of them still there.

I don't really change blades in a razor depending on how I felt, I change the razor :eek:mg:
Yeah so I don't store used blades, I have a preferred blade for each razor. If I feel like a change, I change the razor and blade, not just the blade. Never had any problems leaving the blade in the razor either as long as it's not for weeks. One week is fine though.

Last edited:
Sure - it's not unlike this one... although mine's black. Trip to Bunnings? :D

toolbox.jpg

As with many shaving-related things... it's what you can repurpose rather than what there is out there sold for shaving....

Such a simple yet effective solution.

Indeed, a trip to Bunnings on the weekend.