Blades similar to Astra SP's or Perma-Sharp?

Hey guys, i'm new here and was curious if I could get any recommendations on blades similar to the ones in the title?

I've currently got a 100 pack of Astra's that I'm using consistently, and also have a 5 pack of Perma-Sharp that I use every so often and really only got to test.

I'm loving the smoothness of the Astra's but I feel like they lack in sharpness, where as the Perma Sharp are both as smooth (if not slightly more) and are much sharper and work really well. Have yet to buy the 100 pack for them as I want to go through my Astra ones first.

Anyway since wet shaving for only a bit over a month now those are the only two blades I've managed to use, so I was wondering if any of you guys could recommend some blades that you think I might like?

Any of the ones suggested I'll probably buy a 5 pack on and then give them a test

Thanks in advanced guys! :D

@TheShavingPariah have you tried either the Polsilver Super Iridium, Gillette Silver Blue and the Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow SharpEdge.
Have yet to try any of those you mentioned, the next 100 pack I was planning to get was for Perma Sharps I just love their balance of sharpness and smoothness, would you say the blades you mentioned would be better than Perma Sharps? If so how, also thanks for your reply :D

Have yet to try any of those you mentioned, the next 100 pack I was planning to get was for Perma Sharps I just love their balance of sharpness and smoothness, would you say the blades you mentioned would be better than Perma Sharps? If so how, also thanks for your reply :D

@TheShavingPariah I would say try them out first before you buy 100 blade pack, otherwise you'll end up wasting money if these blades don't work for you on your stubble.

I would also recommend a blade sampler - there are many around, just make sure you get at least 5 of each blade, so you can play around a bit

Gifts and Care usually have great prices and super cheap shipping to OZ (often cheaper than when bought locally) and you get on top of the Tax discount (19%) another 10% discount for using P&C as discount code
http://www.giftsandcare.com/en/95-de-razor-blades

Connaught is also usually very good:
http://connaughtshaving.com/samplepack.html

But as I said, almost every vendor has one...

Personna Lab Blues are an outstanding blade on my skin and I'm also a person that the Perma-Sharps work brilliantly for. In terms of budget - I can't go past Shark Super Stainless for smoothness and sharpness and they're incredibly cheap from Beard & Blade. I've never rated the Astra's that high on my skin.

I can't go past Shark Super Stainless for smoothness and sharpness and they're incredibly cheap from Beard & Blade. I've never rated the Astra's that high on my skin.

Astra's work very well for me as do Perma Sharps. I've seen reviews on the Sharks SS and they seem promising, how do you think they compare to Perma Sharps in terms of sharpness and performance?

I love my permasharps, great compromise between smooth and sharp. Atlantic Supply who is on this forum sells them for a reasonable price, might grab another hundred, down to my last 50, so better stock up. still have about a thousand of other mixed blades, cant run out of any one blade. Man i need help.

Astra's work very well for me as do Perma Sharps. I've seen reviews on the Sharks SS and they seem promising, how do you think they compare to Perma Sharps in terms of sharpness and performance?

I find the Sharks very similar to the Perma-Sharp's but probably a hair sharper and a hair less smooth. Best value blade I have and it was a favorite for probably the first 2 or 3 months of wet-shaving at just $12 for 100. They are the blades I give to friends as a starter pack. I use Perma-Sharp's more now since I purchased 100 along with Gillette Greens, Personna Reds and some vintage Wilkinsons just to change it up. I feel that my favourite blade may well be the Personna Lab Blue if the first few shaves is any indication.

What is interesting is that all the blades I like are rated Super Stainless and I really don't enjoy the Carbon or Chrome blades as much. For me, that's a bigger indicator if they suit my skin and style.