Blind SR Shaving

rbscebu

Atherton Tablelands, Queensland, Australia
This post by @Gargravarr reminded me of a friend of mine.

I'm not an SR shaver any more, since I have been a daily head shaver for the last 16 years, and straights don't really fit the bill very readily for the back of the head.....

My friend is now totally blind, can't even tell day from night, yet still SR face shaves daily. He does two passes each day (WTG and XTR), all without incident. He has been SR shaving for decades as was not about to give up one of his pleasures in life if he really didn't have to. His blindness developed over a period of time which allowed him to continue developing his SR muscle memory and technique as his sight failed.

This happens to be the same friend who first introduced me to the benefits of diamond pasted balsa stropping. That (and a clean leather strop) is all he uses to maintain his SR's.

@Gargravarr, maybe you gave up too easily. There are many who regularly SR shave their head all over.

@Gargravarr, maybe you gave up too easily. There are many who regularly SR shave their head all over.
Maybe I did. I spent much of my life shaving without a mirror, but not with a straight. This is easily manageable with safety razors, and there's no reason to be ashamed of using them. I certainly don't consider myself to have had an unlived life.

Not a case of giving up etc. Simply adapting to how you wished to shave. :) If my only option was a DE I would "possibly" use that. :)