Bluebeards Revenge Double-Edge Blade

SpeedyPC

NEEDS more soaps ...
Grand Society
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
G'day ;)

What country is the Bluebeards Revenge Double-Edge blade is made from, also is the Bluebeards Revenge is related to a similar brand. What are you're thought about these blades good or bad.

Cheers (y)

The-Bluebeards-Revenge-Pack-of-100-Safety-Razor-Blades-10-Packs-of-10FHM.jpg

I believe "The Bluebeard's Revenge" is a U.K. company based in Plymouth. However, this is no guarantee their blades are U.K. manufactured and I'd be surprised if such were the case.

That's why I started this topic to find out where these blades are made from in which country ?? IF these blades were made in UK that's another story :eek:

For those with allergies to peanuts/nuts, the blade factory is free of nuts (important info on the website). Hopefully that narrows the options.

With Blackbeard's range of products, I would assume contract mfg or re-label.

That's why I started this topic to find out where these blades are made from in which country ?? IF these blades were made in UK that's another story :eek:

1. Why not drop them an e-mail and ask? Frequently, the way to obtain the information is to ask directly. If they have any confidence in their blades, they will answer your enquiry.
2. I assume you are asking if the blade and shaving soap manufacturer are one and the same? If so, IMHO - yes, they are. A pound to a penny, the parent company have copyrighted both name and logo.

Can anyone give any insight as to what other blades are similar to the BlueBeards?

Dreadnought's DE blade are the same as BlueBeards
When the Bluebeard's Revenge company first started out, they ran into trademark issues on the name in the US (they are a UK company), so they had to rebrand with a new name for the stuff they exported for sale in the US, and bingo, Dreadnought was created.
102-028-00_dreadnought-safety-razor-blades_large.jpg

Hmm, in that case, I personally wouldn't buy their blades.

This exactly, there are way too many blades on the market who openly identify their country of manufacture and origin to risk a brand that is opaque or outright refuses to disclose.

Also @SpeedyPC I notice you posted this identical question on a number of shave forums... and the user 'joe blow' on B&B provided you with the information on their country of origin and the information which you have copy and pasted here. I am a little confused as to why :whistle:

@todras I know ;) that's why we can't get many US and UK wet shavers on Australian P&C forum :cool: so I had to ask in another wet shaving forum to get information in US & UK ;)

I'm a little confused by that statement, it does not really seem to comment on my observation that your very same question was asked on B&B by you, then answered by a fellow community member there :)

I think when you post a topic that asks a question, or indeed when you provide information in request for an answer the need for transparency and attribution is important as it reflects honesty and rightfully credits the person or persons who provided the information or answered the question.

For example: in this thread you could have said "I asked the same question on a number of other forums, and here is the answer I got that addresses the question I was asking on B&B posted by joe blow" and in that way clear communication occurs, whereby people reading your answer are fully aware that the information was provided to you and that it is not you who have obtained the information or insight in relation to the question being asked.

Something to think about, with the popularity of google and ease of obtaining information it is often easy to check the veracity of a statement being made which I always do in order to avoid being misled or misunderstanding. I regularly check answers provided to a question to see if that very same text or answer has perhaps already been provided by the original poster :)

Who cares? It's a branding exercise by Bluebeard who are aiming for the hipster retro market, or trying to create one.

Yes, it's obvious they're re-branding an existing blade - it makes no economic sense to make your own or build a factory to do so, when others are already producing these. And for blade makers it's easy mass sales, as someone else then has to market and distribute them.

Buy the blades. If you like them, buy more. If they're shit, don't.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing @Robbo14 trouble is, it very hard to prove IF the blades were made from Israel because the manufactures cannot tell you.

Im not really fused where the blades come from but if I can get the same product for for half the cost then lets be honest , more money in my back pocket. The Blue Beards are around $35-40 per hundred in Australia.

Interesting posts !

I do enjoy knowing the country of origin and will sometimes impact my purchase. Currently, I only buy Australian (or New Zealand) made underwear, Uggs, and suntan lotion (I live in the US). Norway is getting my recent shave cream business. if someone emails and receives a vague response on the product - probably not good news.

I did try and liked the Bluebeard shave cream - i should remember to buy again. I am guessing all BlueBeard products are re-branded with a few products (shave cream ?) made to their formulas or specs. My opinion is most re-branded products by "big name" firms are overpriced with the additional middle-man or their brand name is special. The other option is low quality copies.

Norwegian shave cream company Fitjar Islands sells shaving brushes. One brush has their logo and one has a teak handle. The brush manufacturer and country of origin are listed. FYI - the teak handle silvertip was made by Sam and Sons in Australia.
Go buy a 5-pack of the blades. If the blades become your favorite, then research all you want.