Booster Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanook

"Abandon all money, ye who enter here."
Who's going to get a booster?

I was going to as I have had 2 shots of AZ, Now the Government has changed what 'Fully Vaccinated" means, in other words, you need to have a booster now to be considered fully vaxxed. That's fine, but why should Australian's need 3 shots when the Government has now came out and said that foreign tourists are allowed into the country from the 21st with only 2 shots?

Because of this, I'm now considering not bothering with a booster, surely they can't expect Australians to do the right thing when the Government are choosing tourists over us. We need to open up the country, it's been far too long, but this policy is idiotic in my eyes and it's going to make a lot of our population just not bother to toe the line anymore.

I know it's going to sound a bit "tin foil hat" conspiracy theory, but, this change in definition now certainly leaves the door open for multiple jabs (even only for COVID???) long into the future. Double Jabbed is meaningless against the agenda when there are so many more vaccines and so much more money to be made by global elitists and giant corporations who think they are entitled to own the world and everything/everyone in it.
"If you haven't had your mandatory 9th vaccine, you're not up to date" No freedoms for you (insert multiple lefty/SJW derogatory insulting adjectives here). Say goodbye to your "Social Credit Score" (SCS) and your "Environmental, Social, and Governance" score (ESG) (when it applies personally soon)
Very slippery slope, and not in the least bit unintentional.
Great Reset - New World Order, here we come. Be a good little asset and do as you're told.
You know how the saying goes, "Today's conspiracy is next months news".

Delete if necessary Mods. Just venting. Got a sore arm from my 3rd jab yesterday.:mad:. Pretty shitty about all of this.
I need a coffee.

If you said to me that your post is going to sound a bit Tin Foil hat last year, I would have agreed that it did, but now, as it is starting to sound like it's going to be a never ending series of booster shots well into the future I totally agree with you.

Opening up late last year with Omicron in the community was the right thing to do as it's time to move on. We were told in NSW that we were going to live with the virus, then suddenly they decided that QR codes for retail and masks indoors were going to stay. That's not living with the virus, that's just more of the same.

While I'm not about to carry a placard and protest in Macquarie Street, I'm starting to get over this whole thing. I work in the coal industry and had to get jabbed, and I was quite happy to do so but unless the booster is mandatory for me I'm not really sure I'm going to get it.

I couldn't stop laughing my ass off at the NSW Premier when he said that QR codes would be staying so that despite contact tracing ended "people would FEEL Better knowing something is still being done". OMG, of all the stupid things our pollies are saying and doing right now, that's about as ridiculous and condescending as it gets.
But wait, there's more!!!!! Tomorrow is a new day!

I couldn't stop laughing my ass off at the NSW Premier when he said that QR codes would be staying so that despite contact tracing ended "people would FEEL Better knowing something is still being done". OMG, of all the stupid things our pollies are saying and doing right now, that's about as ridiculous and condescending as it gets.
But wait, there's more!!!!! Tomorrow is a new day!

You and all of NSW couldn't stop laughing. Most of us don't bother any more anyway unless there is a staff member checking phones because of this.

The stupid thing here was that to enter a shopping mall, you had to check in at the front door, then you had to check into every individual store you entered. All well and good but as soon as you checked into the first store, you were automatically checked out of the QR code you needed to enter the complex.

Got a sore arm from my 3rd jab yesterday.:mad:. Pretty shitty about all of this.
2 x AC and 3 Pfizer booster last Thursday - feeling pretty rundown myself this week - need some RAD therapy
QR codes would be staying so that despite contact tracing ended
Advice is monitor symptoms and test if symptomatic - aren't we all doing that anyway?

Be interesting to watch the effect natural (herd) immunity has on the Virus now that restrictions are lifted.

giphy.gif

Regardless of whatever local/state/federal governments say, it just makes sense to keep as much of a lid on the bug as possible. It isn't that much of a big ask to require people to get a little jab in the arm. Sure, anyone can choose not to, so long as they don't mind accepting the consequences of that choice.

Yep, I had my Moderna booster a couple of weeks ago. Yep, it made me feel crook for a couple of days, and yep, my arm felt a little sore for over a week. But if it keeps me and anyone else out of hospital, I have no regrets.

I had my Moderna booster at the start of the year. Tried and a headache the next day, but that's not that uncommon at this stage in life, and a sore arm for a few days.

I'm glad SA had done away with QR codes, I just wish they'd get on with opening things up. I've got a wedding to go to in Orange in April, hopefully we'll be able to go...

OK folks, shutting this thread following a report.

No harm, no foul from my perspective as this was an incredibly civil expression of views in what can be a highly changed topic - but I'm pulling the pin before it gets there.

Just a reminder -

We subscribe to one simple Golden Forum Rule: DON'T BE A DICK. Follow the golden rule and you won't have any problems.

Since some people have problems understanding what the golden rule means in practice, here's a few more specific examples of how not to be a dick:

1. This is a forum aimed at people who shave, or like shaving, or find it sexy or whatever. That includes humans of all types - races, religions, sexual orientations and political persuasions. All are welcome. If you want to make someone feel unwelcome, stop being a dick.
  2. Personal attacks will not be tolerated as they are a dick move. Discuss the topic at hand.
  3. Certain topics are verboten on this site and will not be entertained in public discussion as it more often than not turns people into dicks. If you want to discuss the following topics, kindly go elsewhere to do so:
    • Religion or fraternal orders of any sort;
    • Politics, political parties or personalities;
    • Either side of the Abortion or Vaccination debates;
    • Vegetarianism/Veganism, and Paleos too for that matter.
  4. Being a vendor and pushing your business and website with a personal account. Definite dick move that. Read below if this is you.
I don't think anybody HAS been a dick above but let's keep it that way.

Thanks

OK folks, shutting this thread following a report.

I don't think anybody HAS been a dick above but let's keep it that way.
Yes, lets leave it there. I do appreciate the civility (to this point).

It's obviously a changing situation as the strains mutate, so we need to look at what is here today, not what was said 6, 12 or 18 months ago. And while it may not affect you so much if you do get it, other people who are immune-compromised like my daughter (or the very young, or aged) are at significantly more risk if they catch anything, let alone something that most people really do not have a good immune response to.

Hopefully we will see it become endemic rather than pandemic soon, and as people build immune responses to it, we need to try and keep people out of the hospital so those that truly need treatment can get it. I would suggest to all that you should:
  • Not be so worried about yourself (vaxed once, twice, three times, or not at all - it's your own choice and decision).
  • Consider the impact that your actions or choices have on others.
  • Think about the people you contact, and if you were to infect them, the impact of that upon them.
  • Look out for your fellow humans. Kindness and consideration to others can be boiled down to one thing - manners.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.