Boots

Discussion started by mr626, Feb 24, 2014.

1. TomG

TomG Member

Amen to that, Drubs.
    But all of a sudden when corporate drones with no respect for the longevity of the brand are calling the shots, bad things can happen.
    Let's hope they sort themselves out.

Mark1966 likes this.
  2. Mong.

Mong. doesn't care for Euro Palmolive Group Buy Associate 2015 Sabbatical

Tom, I'm amazed at your experience - it flies in the face of the customer service "image" that their stores promote. Did you only go through the outlet, or did you have a crack at contacting the factory too? I wonder if some retail drone just classified them as "too hard". If they still look good enough to wear with a suit, they clearly can't be too unsound.

3. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

See his posts above -

4. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

If, despite what you have read above, you are interested in R M Williams boots - you may want to sign up here - http://www.rmwilliams.com.au/registration/secret_boot_sale.html

I suspect that their 'Secret Boot Sale' (which they have sent invites for to everybody on their mailing list) will not be as good as Nungar pricing (see here - Boots) you never know ...

5. Mark1966

Discussion of work shoes moved to existing thread on Business Shoes - see here: Business shoes

6. Mark1966

So the Secret Boot Sale is ON!

Limited to four boots:

Black Turnout - http://www.rmwilliams.com.au/turnout/BEABY_02FGWW06.html - $295
    Chestnut Turnout - http://www.rmwilliams.com.au/turnout/BEABY_41FGWW07.html - $295
    Brown Suede Turnout (heresy) - http://www.rmwilliams.com.au/turnout/BEABY_41FGWW07.html - $295
    Saddle Tan Craftsman - http://www.rmwilliams.com.au/craftsman/Craftsman.html?dwvar_Craftsman_color=35 - $350

Secret Boot Sale Terms: Stock is strictly limited and the online sale is for 72 hours only or until sold out. Restricted to one (1) sale item per transaction. These are not made to order boots, so the size and fit cannot be changed or requested beyond what is available. Any returns due to faulty or incorrect receipt of goods must be requested from customerservice@rmwilliams.com.au within 7 days of receipt of goods. Not available in conjunction with any other offer.

Not bad pricing from them if these are what you are after :)

7. Drubbing

Drubbing 110% Smiley-Free Site Moderator

links won't work mark. Says pages do not exist

8. Mark1966

Yep - that would be consistent with the email I got this afternoon saying all sold out :(

Sorry guys!

9. Drubbing

Not at Bunnings or listed on their website, any idea where to get it?

10. TomG

TomG Member

A quick scan of the web suggests that Diggers have discontinued this line. No problem - you'll find other brands. Horseland (430 Newcastle St) have Joseph Lyddy Neatsfoot oil in 500ml and 1 litre containers. Just as good - maybe better. Key use is for conditioning leather saddles, but magic on RM's.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2017
    filobiblic likes this.
  11. Rami

Rami Member 2017 Sabbatical Fail

They are also good for strops. But only a couple of drops at a time.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2017
    filobiblic and TomG like this.
  12. Drubbing

I've got Neatfoot, but overnight made no difference. I'll have to stump up for trees/stretchers if these are going to be wearable. Can a cobbler not do this? or would it cost the same as buying stretchers?

13. TomG

TomG Member

Yes - a cobbler will do the same thing. I've seen them do it - this is how I came to know of this method. Doesn't always work, but I've had a few wins over the years. In some cases, the Cobbler has done it as a freeby.
    If you go the shoe-trees option, put as much pressure as you can when you insert (they are kind of spring loaded), and do this after a generous application of oil. May need to repeat a few times.

14. Mark1966

If you are looking for RM Williams boots -

In getting ready to celebrate Christmas, Nungar Trading Company would like to offer you, your family and friends a Christmas Special on selected RM Williams footwear*.

The recommended retail price of the RM Williams Dynamic Flex Craftsman and the Comfort Craftsman is currently $545.00.

Your price is $405.00, which includes our gift to you, a complimentary 70ml RM Williams Stockman's Boot Polish to match the colour of your boot purchase**. This retails for $17.00.

So, ORDER NOW TO SAVE AND ENSURE TIMELY DELIVERY FOR CHRISTMAS and be sure to mention that you would like to redeem this special offer in the comments section of the order form.

Best wishes,
    The Nungar Team

*This offer applies to standard size B543Y Comfort Craftsman and B543Y Dynamic Flex Craftsman in Chestnut and Black.

**This offer is only available while stocks last.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    RustyBlade, SpeedyPC and Korbz like this.
  15. Rami

Rami Member 2017 Sabbatical Fail

Tempted. I wouldn’t mind trying a good boot but not sure if these are worth the investment at that price.

16. Korbz

Korbz Member

I thought the same thing till I got a pair of RMs. Would certainly recommend them, so much so I want another pair (or 2).

Ross and Rami like this.
  17. Ross

Ross Member

Google second hand RMs boots they are a great investment ,I've told the boys when i peg it to sell mine.