Both hands?

pvsampson

Trying to shave the left side of my face with right hand just was not happening succesfully without trying odd angles,and a few nicks especially with the Parker shavette.Yesterday I tried using my left hand and was surprisingly steady,and managed a decent shave with the Parker.Still having a bit of trouble on left side neck,but slow and steady gets results.
Curious if any other members switch hands with straights,or just stick to the dominant.

Definitely both hands, but it is something that can take a couple of months to start to feel right. I think we have not only all been at this point, but have all asked the exact same question!

Previously, it has been suggested to use a butter knife with your left hand, to start getting the muscles used to that finer movement. I can't recall whose suggestion it was, but it is a great - and safe - one.

I have seen vids on Youtube of guys switching so I thought I would try.No matter what I did with right on left I just could not get the angles.
Thinking about it...when I was 6 a neighbours kid tried to kill me (literally) by throwing me over a fence.My right elbow was shattered and had surgery,plaster cast.Don't really remember much but was using my left a bit due to the right being out of action and guess it has carried through.Even doing mechanical type of work I can use my left as good if not better sometimes as some of the angles are impossible for my f*cked elbow.

Glad this thread is about shaving and quite informative as I never thought about using my other hand.
Now reread the thread without knowing it was shave related, was laughing all the way till the end :D thanks lads