Boti brush handles and Oumo knots

Bicep123

So as mentioned before, I ordered 28mm knots from Oumo (oops, forgot to take pics of those - but they're 28mm at the glue root). Boti brush handles are exactly the measurement they say they are. LPT, purchase 2mm larger than your knot size. That being said, even if you purchase 2mm larger, I still think you may need to open them up even more.

8i2gHS7.jpg

5mp67FS.jpg

--

Flattened the bottom of the glue roots as they weren't completely flat. Also roughening them up will help with adhesion.

2XCLVYK.jpg

--

btw, these handle cavities are SHALLOW. 12-13mm. No spacers needed. When knots were set in, the loft measures 54-55mm. That being said, these Oumo synths are legit SHD. THICC. The shallow cavity/extra loft length is probably a blessing in disguise. We'll have to see when I shave with them.

1MV8xio.jpg

--

Onto the dremel.

0WsW6DU.jpg

--

I learnt this the last time, and re-learnt it this time. Forget the caliper. Just keep on grinding until the knot can plop into the cavity with zero resistance. None, absolutely no resistance. If you have even a touch of pushback, it won't adhere to the handle and will push out at first shave. For the DSCosmetic red queen/HD boar combo, I couldn't open it up any further without cracking the resin. There was a tiny bit of pushback, but I thought the silicone should be fine. Nope. Popped out after two separate gluings. I ended up epoxing it instead. But if you want to silicone the knot, there can't be any pushback of the knot out of the hole.

For the Oumo coffee knot, I ended up opening the Boti brush to almost 31mm (which was chancey since there wasn't a ton of 'meat' (resin) to work with).

RLJSeDN.jpg

iTpm9Of.jpg

--

All done. Waiting to cure. 48 hours.

OEe81c2.jpg

Same my friend.
That blue one, it speaks to me...

Damn and I clicked on this one thinking we had a sale on our hands. Either way, lovely brushes.

Same my friend.
That blue one, it speaks to me...

Well fine folk, just wait till you see the brushes available in the Paste & Cut Charity Auction 2021 -

Opening for bidding: 12 noon, Sunday 17 October

Bidding closes: 12 noon, Saturday 23 October (unless auction extended, see rules)

with 26+ sensational lots covering all you could ever want or dream of in terms of shaving supplies, including a few surprises.

Start checking out the lots as we release them here.

Free steak knives too?

So, I found out that Oumo Badger fan knots need to be sunk in as deep as possible. I lifted the loft on the Lotustip to 53mm with a nylon washer and found it way too floppy. Pulled the knot out, took out the washer and set it directly into the cavity. The loft is now 51mm and performs much better. The regular Oumo Manchuria fan is set at the factory to 49mm and probably needs to be lifted a touch. You can tell by the bloom of the badger knot.

AAonMSG.jpg

gMfvebv.jpg

RYd6qK4.jpg

Bonus pic. Brush collection to date:

mODmwK8.jpg

Brush collection to date.

Left to right. Top row:

24mm Yaqi Tuxedo (Sagrada Familia), 26mm Yaqi Timberwolf, 26mm Maggards Plissoft (Granite), 24mm Yaqi Plissoft (Black Knight), 26mm Oumo Motherlode (DSCosmetic), 28mm Oumo TH (G4, DSCosmetic), 26mm Oumo G5, 28mm Oumo Coffee (Synbad, Boti), 28mm Smokey Grey (Silksmoke, Boti).

Bottom row:

28mm Yaqi Tuxedo (Mars), 24mm Yaqi HD Boar (DSCosmetic), 24mm Yaqi High Mountain Badger (Aqua), 26mm Yaqi 2 band badger (Moka), 24mm Yaqi Geltip badger (DSCosmetic), 26mm Oumo Hook fan badger, 26mm Oumo Manchuria fan badger, 26mm Oumo Lotustip Manchuria fan (WCS Inifinity).

mODmwK8.jpg

Left to right. Top row:

24mm Yaqi Tuxedo (Sagrada Familia), 26mm Yaqi Timberwolf, 26mm Maggards Plissoft (Granite), 24mm Yaqi Plissoft (Black Knight), 26mm Oumo Motherlode (DSCosmetic), 28mm Oumo TH (G4, DSCosmetic), 26mm Oumo G5, 28mm Oumo Coffee (Synbad, Boti), 28mm Smokey Grey (Silksmoke, Boti).

Bottom row:

28mm Yaqi Tuxedo (Mars), 24mm Yaqi HD Boar (DSCosmetic), 24mm Yaqi High Mountain Badger (Aqua), 26mm Yaqi 2 band badger (Moka), 24mm Yaqi Geltip badger (DSCosmetic), 26mm Oumo Hook fan badger, 26mm Oumo Manchuria fan badger, 26mm Oumo Lotustip Manchuria fan (WCS Inifinity).
Very nice indeed. That Infinity stands out as probably the sexiest handle design I've ever seen. A true TOB. :love:

mODmwK8.jpg

Left to right. Top row:

Bottom row:

Nice start. I only count 17 though, you need four more at least to get to the 'recommended' three week rotation to avoid mold and disease.

Hang on! Got a solution for you!

Grab one of the brushes on offer at the -

Paste & Cut Charity Auction 2021 -

Opening for bidding: 12 noon, Sunday 17 October

Bidding closes: 12 noon, Saturday 23 October (unless auction extended, see rules)

with 26+ sensational lots, including some really sweet brushes, covering all you could ever want or dream of in terms of shaving supplies, including a few surprises.

Some lovely brushes you can see in the pre-auction listings here.