Brush restoration

Sensational, Fantastic, Spectacular
They look awesome, well done!
The handles polished up a real treat

Ok then. Increased the hole size on 3 brushes and gave them a buff. The loft is set for each and now I just have to set the knots.

left to right

Rubberset 203 22mm horse 54mm loft
Ever-Ready 152C 20mm boar 52mm loft
Rubberset 203 Muhle silvertip fibre Synthetic knot V2 20mm
Ever Ready 150 22mm Tuxedo synthetic 55mm loft.
I opted for the Synth for the the 150 Ever Ready because the black fibre looked better than the white boar.

51094197785_e0150ba54e_c.jpg

What coin size would that be?

I’m more interested in the hole diameter.
Ah, they do vary since the knot base apart from the Muhle is not a consistent number some are 21.5 and others are 22mm.

But again from left to right.
Rubberset with horse is 24mm
The Ever Ready 152C is 21mm
The Rubberset with the Muhle knot is 21.5mm
The Ever Ready 150 is 24mm

I might actually swap the 20mm around and put the Muhle into Ever Ready and the bpar into the Rubberset.

Nice work, you've done them proud.(y) That tall loft on the Tux should take out a lot of that characteristic stiffness. As a matter of interest, where did you find the Mühle synth knot? Did you have to take apart one of their brushes?
Cheers. Nah I grabbed it from the UK through a friend who shipped it to me from Muhle UK.

Last edited:
One last shot. I have refurbed the white lettering and added another couple of layers of the Renaissance wax.

51096243223_d3b5694744_c.jpg

This is what I'd dreamed of for these brushes - so pleased it has come to pass, well done @Ebonysw45 !

All done, knots are set and now ready to be used. I did add epoxy putty to create shelves for the knots to adhere too and also to fill the bottom of the Ever Ready 150 (Red) to make sure that the crack was never going to be an issue. Both Ever Ready brushes are actually set into the epoxy putty and the Rubberset knots were set with epoxy. Looking forward to my shaves over the next 2 weeks since I have these 4, 2 from Tony, and the 2 butterscotch from Mark.

51099235109_6c348d90a4_c.jpg

Last edited: