Budget Night 2019 - What are you all doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark1966

Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
H5HxzMql.jpg

They have been pushing it hard on social media (see above) and it is now just over half an hour until kick off what is everyone planning for this evening?

I've got the Budget page open in another tab watching the countdown.

Another window has the live stream from the House of Reps.

Tell me what your household is doing?

Feeding kids two minute noodles again next to candle light as the electricity is too expensive. Because the liberals sold another state owned infrastructure asset to one of their mates.
Engery Australia hasn't paid a cent in tax as they offshored the account. Yah, so the new electricity rebate that will be given out to others (not my family) is actually my taxes that should be going into roads, health, education and services. Thanks for asking.

Article here: https://www.michaelwest.com.au/energyaustralia-lobbies-for-government-leg-up-while-cheating-on-tax/

Last edited:
Feeding kids two minute noodles again next to candle light as the electricity is too expensive. Because the liberals sold another state owned infrastructure asset to one of their mates.
Engery Australia hasn't paid a cent in tax as they offshored the account. Yah, so the new electricity rebate that will be given out to others (not my family) is actually my taxes that should be going into roads, health, education and services. Thanks for asking.

Article here: https://www.michaelwest.com.au/energyaustralia-lobbies-for-government-leg-up-while-cheating-on-tax/

Hmmm, probably invited that but I'm more talking about the PROCESS of budget night rather than running a political commentary per see. This is up there with FNYE (Financial New Years Eve) for some of us :)

Nearly five minutes into the speech and no budget papers on the Treasury site!

Well update done to our members for work. Well within my 2 hour outer limit but not within the one hour which is my best - 1 1/2 hours is not too shabby. I could get it done quicker if in the lock-up BUT that is torture.

Now time for a little wee dram I think.

Happy Budget Night all!

OK, on THAT note from @58RW I'll shut this (own goal) thread down. Was not wanting to get into a discussion of the politics of the budget but a discussion of the event of budget night.

I don't think anybody can top Nils suggestion so we will leave it there!

Status
Not open for further replies.