Can't turn off email notifications

nsavage

nerroneous at best.
Hi,

Doesn't matter what I do or what settings I select in my profile I can't seem to turn of email notifications :(

I think if you select you profile -

and go into 'Alert Preferences' -

This is where you can change it @nsavage

Thanks @Mark1966 These are the settings I have selected but I still get emails when someone replies to a watched thread.....

zIyxxuD.jpg

Thanks @Mark1966 These are the settings I have selected but I still get emails when someone replies to a watched thread.....

zIyxxuD.jpg

OK, try in 'Preferences' -

(the option above 'Alert Preferences') - see how a couple of mine are unticked.

Don't be sorry mate. Appreciate the assistance :). I have tried a heap of settings but nothing seems to work unfortunately :(

Have you tried the Tapatalk (app) settings?

I think you will find that you have already subscribed to a tonne of threads by previously posting in them.

From the 'Forums' tab > Watched threads. Or for those of you that are menu challenged, go to https://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/watched/threads

Remove all those. Fixed.
Thanks @Monsta_AU. Took me a second to work out why that would make a difference if I had selected to turn the notifications off but then I realised that it is based upon your preference settings at the time that you chose to watch the thread.

Yup, you are already subscribed to it, so essentially you have to unsub from the thread.

The preferences @Mark1966 graciously tried to help you with were definitely in the right area. On trouble is that they are for new threads/replies.

I might need to adjust the defaults as new members might find it overwhelming - and to be honest there is a cost associated with all those emails. Once they hit 10K per month total I will need to pay for them or find another way to relay. Anything to reduce them helps greatly.