Catch ups, meet ups and other off topic rubbish ...

Mark1966

Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Hmmm, may have created a problem with that title - how can anything be off topic now?

Anyway - caught up with @filobiblic today.

He survived the dog attack and got a fairly fulsome tour of the collection. He is now an expert - or bored senseless!

I got some nice samples, we did a trade so all is well.

Thought I'd better start a new thread lest the mods get mad about stuff in SOTD ....

Basically a nice guy I really enjoyed meeting!

Last edited:
Off-topic eh?

Had he had a shave before he turned up?

Brush: omega boar
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: T. R. Cadman Bengall
Strop: Taylor, 40 crox 60 leather

A nice morning, one pass -no fuss shave.

Thought I'd better start a new thread less the mods get mad about stuff in SOTD ...

Umm
UFHpQc7.png

P.s. Lest

Thanks @eggbert - fixed :)

Yeah forgot about that too!

I wasn't have a swipe @Drubbing - just wanted to set an example for those non-Mod types :)

Basically a nice guy I really enjoyed meeting!
You're not so bad yourself eh @Mark1966 [emoji6]

I must say, you do have a few razors. [emoji54]
It was almost disappointing when one was chrome plated (instead of silver, gold or rhodium). All those boxes as well- you really should throw away those dusty things...

And it's good that you have a guard dog to scare away the badly shaven men after your razors.

Well I called it the Chrome Toggle as that is what it is known as - but it is really nickel plated :)

Yeah, I might throw the cardboard and paper into the recycling tonight - it is all about the shave after all!

More OT nonsense.

OK so Mensbiz is pretty cool BUT ....

10704273_838307902857633_7360427106045388194_o.jpg

Would you let HIM near you with a sharp instrument?

Well given my disappointment about the Jabonman I needed a drink and @stillshunter obliged.

He didn't rub in his recent delivery much, we talked razors amongst other stuff and had a nice hour or so. He left with some loaners, I left with some samples.

Hopefully he has deleted by SMS messages from during the day or I could find myself with a 'Godfather' moment ....

It all happens in CBR!

Well given my disappointment about the Jabonman I needed a drink and @stillshunter obliged.

He didn't rub in his recent delivery much, we talked razors amongst other stuff and had a nice hour or so. He left with some loaners, I left with some samples.

Hopefully he has deleted by SMS messages from during the day or I could find myself with a 'Godfather' moment ....

It all happens in CBR!
Agreed, mate, was a great way to end the week - even though it was pretty rowdy around us - 360-degree Christmas parties and then two fellas sipping their drinks and playing with razors…yep, you can imagine it I know. Mark and I we kept it very civil…metering our tequila slammers with organic lemon and FairTrade salt. He's generous to a tee is our @Mark1966. Loaned me an Eclipse Red Ring - just to see what @eggbert is gabbing on about - and also allowing me to satiate my curiosity about the difference between the Red Tip and the Rocket HD - though from what I've read I'm thinking there might be a Rocket in my future….made even easier by someone buying my bloody Slim! Also got to gawk at a Barbasol Floating Head. Oh boy, that's the sort of shit that will send me to the poor house - love its Art Deco R41 look - looks like it could really bite….with panache.

Had an interesting ale today too - Itchy Green Pants….was good albeit a heady brew.

Anyone get the chance to sit down, drink, and chat with our National Gillette Museum curator….DO IT!

Had an interesting ale today too - Itchy Green Pants….was good albeit a heady brew.

What was worse - I had to order one for him. Do you really want to be the guy asking for an Itchy Green Pants at the bar ???

A friend of a friend was posting on fb about his big year of flying for business. Some 86 flights he had around Australia in 2014. My friend had only done 74 flights in 2014, albeit a number were long haul international.

I totalled mine up for 2014. I cracked my ton! 109 on QF to be precise, didn't bother counting the couple on other airlines.

So if I seem to post a lot from airport lounges you now know why ...

A friend of a friend was posting on fb about his big year of flying for business. Some 86 flights he had around Australia in 2014. My friend had only done 74 flights in 2014, albeit a number were long haul international.

I totalled mine up for 2014. I cracked my ton! 109 on QF to be precise, didn't bother counting the couple on other airlines.

So if I seem to post a lot from airport lounges you now know why ...
Yikes. That's a lot of flights. [emoji50]
I hope you're offsetting all that carbon for us.