Cheap starter brush

How do the Yaqi Sagrada and Mysterious Space compare to the TSW 24mm synth?
I like my 24mm TSW. It is beautifully soft, but lacks backbone.

@lerenau Yaqi Sagrada and Mysterious Space has zero stritches (zero scratching) and the tips are very soft while the backbone is a bit stronger than the TSW 24mm synth.,

Sorry I’ve been in YouTube conspiracy land
Shame on you brother :shifty::cautious::blackalien:

How do the Yaqi Sagrada and Mysterious Space compare to the TSW 24mm synth?
I like my 24mm TSW. It is beautifully soft, but lacks backbone.
My St James 24mm has wonderful backbone, but is painfully scratchy.
What should I do!?... Maybe I can cross-breed them?

Yes have had this problem too. With my Frank shaving 28mm as previously mentioned in this thread by someone else. So this morning I pulled it out and used again. Scratchy and not soft and is exactly like a synthetic boar brush. Feels like my 48 omega but with a smaller loft and holds less lather. So was face painting and not mashing it (like I love it :love:). Works ok though exfoliates like a champ.
Have a couple of plisson brushes (Muhle & others) and they are great and lather well but soft all the way through.
The newer variants of tux and boss knots are better.
To me, and IMHO & YMMV the tux style are generally a softer tip with backbone and the boss are consistent soft firm bristles with backbone and vary manufacturer to manufacturer.
I have the RazoRock & Yaqi boss equivalents and prefer the former.
To hear that the St James is like my Frank Shaving is very disappointing. Not surprised as early synthetics were a hit and miss affair.

So to answer your question, and if like myself and believe we are paying too much for a brushes then get another Synthetic from Turn N shave, TSW or RazoRock. As they become disposal for those prices. We'll happily buy soaps that don't last 3 months and endure a brush we dislike.

BTW Synthetics brushes will never die but what is the life of a badger post killing and stuffed in a handle? ;)

BTW Synthetics brushes will never die but what is the life of a badger post killing and stuffed in a handle? ;)
Not sure I’ve never worn one out :)
But the animal cruelty discussion is a good one, personally I don’t eat things I couldn’t bring myself to kill personally given the right tools and skill as I think that’s fair, the treatment of badgers however is pretty horrible so I’m said a while back I wouldn’t buy new

That said I haven’t investigated every source of knots, may be someone out there doing it right I just haven’t looked into it deeply enough