Col conk

Dan.05

Does anyone rate their products? Want to buy some soaps and aftershave but don't want to buy a dud

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of possibilities."

MacGyver

Personally I would not buy Col Conk soaps. I say this based on my subjective experience using 2 or 3 of them and many of the reviews I have seen posted over the years on wet-shave forums, W_E and other places.

Bahaha, I was suckered in at the beginning and bought several pucks, thinking I would monster through them monthly at best.
Now I use the remaining to break in brushes, is all they're good for.
Terrible awful pathetic soap.

Well I've only used the lime aftershave by them. I'd feel bad giving it away. They don't make aftershave splashes anymore.
They have a new line of creams and balms, so they could be good. But soap pucks and aftershaves splash are no good.

So fancy packaging = garbage in this case. I'll be honest I haven't heard a good word about them.

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of possibilities."

MacGyver

Bahaha, I was suckered in at the beginning and bought several pucks, thinking I would monster through them monthly at best.
Now I use the remaining to break in brushes, is all they're good for.
Terrible awful pathetic soap.

You can use them as a pre-shave soap. Being high in glycerine as well as being soap means it works well as a pre-shave soap. [emoji106]

You could, yet would you really want to?

Is that crap still available on the market?

Who's wasting their money on that pathetic excuse of a shaving soap?!

@Dan.05 Just hit up men's biz for a couple of shaving soaps. Free shipping over $20 so even just a couple of soaps will get you there.

I like the scent of Bay Rum and when I started out traditional shaving I bought a puck of Conk Bay Rum and two other fragrances. As my journey proceeded in the world of traditional shaving I discovered Ogallala Bay Rum Durban Bay Rum soap from one of our local artisans which cause the Conk to become a queen hanger. If you like a glycerin base soap we have a drug store glycerin soap available with added olive and tea tree oil which is a far more superior soap than the Conks for half the price IMHO.

I saw the other day at one of the local tobacconists they’re selling the Conk Rio Grande cream and after shave balm but at a ridiculous expensive price which I’m not willing to pay for based on my experience with the glycerin based soaps.o_O