Cold weather moisturiser suggestions

ShaveOn

The skin on my face has started to dry out with the arrival of the cooler winter weather. I normally use Nivea Sensitive Protective Moisturiser with SPF15 daily and it mostly does the job well until winter comes.

jacknicholsontheshining.jpg

Any suggestions on moisturisers that pack a bit more moisturising punch would be welcome. Thanks.

Natio men's facial moisturiser, available in both spf15 and spf30, I rate it highly

I love the Chatillon Lux Salves in winter - they are a bit too moisturising in warmer weather. A little bit goes a loooong way.

Olive Oil can be used as an aftershave balm is great for Autumn and Winter season so your skin doesn't dry out too soon it's very rich in vitamin E and antioxidants, after you have rinsed your face and dried with a towel after your shaves, wet your hand and put just 3-5 drops of oil. More than this will give you a oily skin (and depending on how big your face is) it will not harm, but too much is just too much.

Then wet the other hand and rub hands together in order to evenly spread the oil in both hands. Now rub and massage your face and neck until you feel they are covered by a very thin layer of oil. Let it absorb for few minutes (with argan or olive oil it usually takes 3-4 minutes) and apply your favorite aftershave or balm.

Your hands will be oily, of course, and you can remove the oil by washing them with soap.

The best results are obtained with Olive Oil (it is well known ancient Greeks and Romans used this oil as a remedy for skin burns and irritations, as well as for strengthening and soothing muscles which is slower to be absorbed but, in my opinion, leaves a smoother skin.

olive-oil-pic.jpg