Combining Soap - the sum is greater than its parts?

Bicep123

So, I purchased a tub of The Artisan Soap Shoppe - Triumph on clearance ($8), which is supposed to be a Aventus dupe, but the scent has all but dissipated (probably from age). Performance isn't too bad, on par with a good tallow soap (eg Stirling) but there's very little scent at all. It's soft, a touch firmer than a croap, but definitely not a firm soap puck at all.

xPkenoX.jpg

Was wondering what to do it and then I remembered that I had the remnants of that Dindi soap. Terrific scent (a shame more artisans don't make a lemon myrtle forward soap), but terrible performance. Decided to merge the two together, which was a lot more difficult than I thought, since the TASS soap was so soft and the Dindi one so firm. I ended up working it into a kind of soap dough ball, which is about middle firmness and scent. Can't speak for how it shaves, going to let it set in for a few days, see if the soaps will blend together over time.

N0qOL1k.jpg

zotJmCo.jpg

1cpH1ic.jpg

So, I purchased a tub of The Artisan Soap Shoppe - Triumph on clearance ($8), which is supposed to be a Aventus dupe, but the scent has all but dissipated (probably from age). Performance isn't too bad, on par with a good tallow soap (eg Stirling) but there's very little scent at all. It's soft, a touch firmer than a croap, but definitely not a firm soap puck at all.

xPkenoX.jpg

Was wondering what to do it and then I remembered that I had the remnants of that Dindi soap. Terrific scent (a shame more artisans don't make a lemon myrtle forward soap), but terrible performance. Decided to merge the two together, which was a lot more difficult than I thought, since the TASS soap was so soft and the Dindi one so firm. I ended up working it into a kind of soap dough ball, which is about middle firmness and scent. Can't speak for how it shaves, going to let it set in for a few days, see if the soaps will blend together over time.

N0qOL1k.jpg

zotJmCo.jpg

1cpH1ic.jpg

Try this next time.

When the scent smells dead on an old soap, microwave for about 10-15secs on high.( till it's softsh not melted especially tallow soaps. Smell the soap, if the smell has returned, lid on and straight to the freezer for 24 hours. Then dethaw in the fridge 24 hours then return to your normal storage.

I have salvaged a few old soaps this way.

Some soaps are beyond salvation and no scent saving process will work.

Never ever rinse your soap pucks after a lather!