Connaught shaving having a 50% sale on some soaps: Does anyone know anything about these soaps?

Question

https://www.connaughtshaving.com/special.html

I only recognise the Proraso and Cella...does anyone here recognise any of these other brands? Zammu, Solido, what appears to be 1000ml blocks of Antica Barbiere and Tcheon Fung Sing (made in Italy despite the name)?

Tempted to pick up some Proraso red just to try it out. 2 Euro is an unbelievable steal. I also see that Cella has a "extra organic" version...does anyone know how it compares to their regular version (the one in red with an almond scent)?

I only recognise the Proraso and Cella...does anyone here recognise any of these other brands? Zammu, Solido, what appears to be 1000ml blocks of Antica Barbiere and Tcheon Fung Sing (made in Italy despite the name)?

Tempted to pick up some Proraso red just to try it out. 2 Euro is an unbelievable steal. I also see that Cella has a "extra organic" version...does anyone know how it compares to their regular version (the one in red with an almond scent)?

Just purchase them and try them out out! They will all add to giving you a great shave.

Tcheon Fung Sing and Antica Barbiere are both popular brands in Italy. They also make soap for some of the larger brands. A definite step above Cella on soap formula.

Yea, I think i will grab a few to try them out. I think the 1000ml blocks are meant for barber ships though? Im pretty sure they wont fit into a normal shaving bowl will they? How are you supposed to use it, cut it up into smaller pucks?

Yea, I think i will grab a few to try them out. I think the 1000ml blocks are meant for barber ships though? Im pretty sure they wont fit into a normal shaving bowl will they? How are you supposed to use it, cut it up into smaller pucks?
For that kind of size I hear that you remove say 150ml at a time for use and vacuum seal the rest.

I have tried both Red & Green Cella and found the Organic version lathered as well with a pleasant neutral scent.

Considering the price difference I'm not sure its worth it but then again I quite enjoy the almond/marzipan scent of the Red so really comes down to personal preference. Saying that there are plenty of better soap bases available at an affordable price such as Stirling or the local artisans (Blue Devil, Squadrons) that are way better and more skin friendly ingredients... YMMV

Im hoping the green Cella makes a better lather as well, most of the reviews I found said it did. Its only like 2 pounds though so no big deal if I dont like it. These soaps should give me busy for a long time...I dont have much facial hair so I dont use much each time. How long does a standard puck last you guys by the way?

Im hoping the green Cella makes a better lather as well, most of the reviews I found said it did. Its only like 2 pounds though so no big deal if I dont like it. These soaps should give me busy for a long time...I dont have much facial hair so I dont use much each time. How long does a standard puck last you guys by the way?
Id say for myself and probably majority of those out there depending on use its somewhere between 3-6months depending if youre a daily shaver or otherwise

Yea, that sounds about right. I guess i will wait till the usual black friday sales to see if I can snag some stirling or better soaps on sale. I've got plenty of soap to use in the meantime anyway. Though my family might freak out when they see more soap coming...(they are not a fan of buying in bulk when things are on sale).

Yea, that sounds about right. I guess i will wait till the usual black friday sales to see if I can snag some stirling or better soaps on sale. I've got plenty of soap to use in the meantime anyway. Though my family might freak out when they see more soap coming...(they are not a fan of buying in bulk when things are on sale).
Mine either but hey i am😊 just means youre good tor a while, i know theres a few guys on here if not all that are the same, i forget who but one of them bought 2000 razor blades at a decent price so hes good to the end of any mad max situation.
We are just prepared is all. Tell them that haha

Y...(they are not a fan of buying in bulk when things are on sale).

Just show them this them -

12026518-3x2-940x627.jpg

What happens if we have an outbreak of SHAVID-21?