Crown King, Travel shaving scuttle (plastic)

the_shaving_sailor

2018 Sabbatical
hey guys,

late late last year i managed to get my hands on one of the testers (thanks for the lend...you know who you are) of these things and i cant recommend them enough.
they can be dropped, kicked and you'll never have to worry.
the heat transferes very very well so dont do what i did and use boiling water.

so if youre a cluts like yours truely then i suggest grabbing one of these bad boys.

Available 22-01-2018 *8pm USA backwards date and times (so tomorrow)

ill be waiting at the keyboard eagerly to grab one.

I use a similar plastic scuttle when I travel. Wouldn’t hurt to look at this option from AliExpress -

39799162292_2b34ea3d30_z.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation. I stayed up till midnight and bought one as well as some other PAA goodies and will happily share my thoughts once it arrives. Happy shaves!

I use a similar plastic scuttle when I travel. Wouldn’t hurt to look at this option from AliExpress -

39799162292_2b34ea3d30_z.jpg
Thanks for pics. I own one of the ceramic ones and find it a bit of a pain lathering with my brush so is the plastic version user friendly? Probably a better investment than the PAA travel scuttle so thanks again!

Last edited:
@Razor Burn another good thing about the plastic versions is they hold heat quite well so the thicker plastic the better.
Quite surprised no one did this earlier as so cheap to make once the injection mould was made.

Thanks for the recommendation. I stayed up till midnight and bought one as well as some other PAA goodies and will happily share my thoughts once it arrives. Happy shaves!
Oooh. You'll have to bring it to a gathering that we might ogle it. :)

It's more of a shaving mug than a scuttle, and it's very easy to get a lather going in it (specially with a longer handled brush). It won't warm up your lather like the PAA scuttle, but it's certainly not going to make you think twice about the price + postage :) I still love my ceramic scuttle, but it's not one that I would stuff in my suitcase!

It's more of a shaving mug than a scuttle, and it's very easy to get a lather going in it (specially with a longer handled brush). It won't warm up your lather like the PAA scuttle, but it's certainly not going to make you think twice about the price + postage :) I still love my ceramic scuttle, but it's not one that I would stuff in my suitcase!
I'm very happy with my Captain's Choice lather bowl
IMG_0107.jpg

I'm kind of sad now knowing they sell them in plastic as I had difficulties getting a ceramic one via a drongo in China. Sent me 2 seperate mugs in plastic bags which came smashed, despite demanding he send them in a box with bubble wrap :banghead: 12 weeks later and I found one via a local seller who packaged it properly. It pays to do your research I guess :facepalm:

@Razor Burn another good thing about the plastic versions is they hold heat quite well so the thicker plastic the better.
Quite surprised no one did this earlier as so cheap to make once the injection mould was made.
Yeah surprised Douglas at PAA claims he spent 2 years working on it? At the price he's selling them I'm expecting he'll make a tidy profit :)