Curiosity killed the cat...

I should let the Drubster explain The Drubbing Way more fully, but it is not simply an approach to shaving, it is a way of life. Think Japanese rock gardens, zen and minimalism. No shaving forum bull**** about breaking in boars or hanging badgers to dry or loading your brush in 27 1/2 swirls clockwise. It is not a method, but an attitude - a Way.

The Thomas Method (R) comes from none other than our own @gthomas04. Ruminated on in this thread, Which is best? SE or DE? The Great 2012 Shave-Off, where the master himself gave me some advice as I was comparing SEs and DEs -

'Try the both on both sides method - first pass the SE second the DE - I find it the best of both worlds.'

These simply yet profound words capture The Thomas Method. Rejected in a poll on Badger and Blade as madness, at one point it came up in the first 3-4 search results for 'The Thomas Method' on Google, now it has become an ancient secret, known only to a few and hidden deep in the bowels of the Googleverse.

There you are young one. Hold these secrets close, they are profound and will take a lifetime to master. I am merely a student myself, learning, striving, growing, aspiring to one day, one time reach the purity and completeness that these offer.

Last edited:
Thanks for asking @FluffyGroodle. I was never game to. Makes you feel like we're on a 'journey' now doesn't it, and all this time our wives just thought we suffering various obsessive addiction disorders.
Oh, there's that factor too :)

Thanks for asking @FluffyGroodle. I was never game to. Makes you feel like we're on a 'journey' now doesn't it, and all this time our wives just thought we suffering various obsessive addiction disorders.
I show my other half @borked's collection of stuff or @SydBJW's soaps, and all I have to say is....

"At least I don't buy as much as these guys!"

I show my other half @borked's collection of stuff or @SydBJW's soaps, and all I have to say is....

"At least I don't buy as much as these guys!"
and @SydBJW shows his other half your and my blade collection for a reprieve, I show family & friends the razor collection held by @Mark1966 and brush collection of @ben74
So by mutually acquiring, we're perfuming a service for each other :)

Wow indeed :)
Rumour has it, bits of it are for sale at the right price, by private offer.
Or if you desire to take over the role of curator, a settlement price can be discussed :)

Wow indeed :)
Rumour has it, bits of it are for sale at the right price, by private offer.
Or if you desire to take over the role of curator, a settlement price can be discussed :)
Hmmm...that's a very interesting rumour :wideyed: Excuse me for a minute as I knock over the bank next door :whistle: