CUT-THROAT RAZORS GOING CHEAP?

What a horrible ending to your trip away... I feel for you mate.

Hoping that *somehow* you'll be re-united with your gear, and those rotten crooks get justice.

Man that is painful. Here's hoping that you get them back and they get what they deserve. was it mainly the shave stuff they took. Does seem they knew what to take together

Many thanks to all for your condolences and suggestions - the usual stuff has been done (Police reports etc.)
The worst thing is that they took all my brushes and strops as well - left the shavette, soaps and DE's.
I had my travel brush and Gillette adjustable with me so that's under control, however I get this almost uncontrollable urge to show them what a shave ready razor will achieve when in the right hands - something like carving 'I AM A THIEF' in their forehead.
As most of you know, I have a Sheffield fetish, so there are about three or four Bengall's, a 1880's Frederick Reynolds wedge, a French wedge from around the same time, a Wade & Butcher full hollow, a Waterville with a long tang..... the list goes on...I'll get a more comprehensive list up soon.
Once again, guys, thank you so much.
Sounds like they knew what was and was not worth taking.....

Sounds like they knew what was and was not worth taking.....
Which is why I suspect it's someone he knows sadly :(
Sucks if that's the case, as from experience, it's far more personal.

I agree with @borked
It's such a targeted theft that the thief surely knew exactly what they wanted!

I certainly don't know that many criminals with such good taste in shaving gear.

Very sorry to hear about this - if you have any pics that would be great. I'll keep an eye out as I may be researching some "real" straight razor options in the new year...

Many thanks to all for your condolences and suggestions - the usual stuff has been done (Police reports etc.)
The worst thing is that they took all my brushes and strops as well - left the shavette, soaps and DE's.
I had my travel brush and Gillette adjustable with me so that's under control, however I get this almost uncontrollable urge to show them what a shave ready razor will achieve when in the right hands - something like carving 'I AM A THIEF' in their forehead.
As most of you know, I have a Sheffield fetish, so there are about three or four Bengall's, a 1880's Frederick Reynolds wedge, a French wedge from around the same time, a Wade & Butcher full hollow, a Waterville with a long tang..... the list goes on...I'll get a more comprehensive list up soon.
Once again, guys, thank you so much.

Finally I have found some of the stolen razors photos
http://imgur.com/a/dAdck
I hope this works

Finally I have found some of the stolen razors photos
dAdck

I hope this works
I opened in another window and it worked... Where are they mate? Need any help :)

I am so sorry @Havachat45. Being a collector myself, I know the huge amount of work that goes into assembling a collection like yours must have been. The financial loss is certainly unwelcome, but it's far more painful seeing all of that sustained effort vanish, along with with some likely irreplaceable gems.

I've been thinking about slimming down my collection, so if there's anything special you'd like to replace please get in touch - I'd be really happy to help you if I can. I can't help with your beloved Sheffields, but I'm well off for German and Japanese droolware.