D.R. Harris reformulation - opinions, anyone?

Gargravarr

Our resident snake charmer
Apparently sometime in 2017 D.R. Harris changed the formula of their milled soaps, so the order of the two principal ingredients appears on their list as potassium palmate and sodium tallowate for the old version, and sodium tallowate and potassium stearate for the new.

For once, it seems this reformulation has not been harmful, as I have been immensely enjoying the wooden bowl of Windsor that @rhodes96 so generously sent me a few months ago as part of my "sabbatical care package". So much so, in fact, I'll almost certainly need to get at least one refill early next year. The interesting thing is, Mensbiz are still listing the ingredients for the Lavender hard soap they stock as the old formula.

Now I fully intend to get some of the Lavender soap as well in any case (what else is a lavender-head supposed to do?), but I was wondering, purely as a matter of interest, if anyone here has had an opportunity to compare the two bases... :unsure:

Yeah, I had the full set of old formula...sold them and replaced with new formula.

The old was perfectly fine and really awesome. The new formula is a little faster to lather and perhaps a little more creamy, but I could just be imagining this.

Apparently sometime in 2017 D.R. Harris changed the formula of their milled soaps, so the order of the two principal ingredients appears on their list as potassium palmate and sodium tallowate for the old version, and sodium tallowate and potassium stearate for the new.

For once, it seems this reformulation has not been harmful, as I have been immensely enjoying the wooden bowl of Windsor that @rhodes96 so generously sent me a few months ago as part of my "sabbatical care package". So much so, in fact, I'll almost certainly need to get at least one refill early next year. The interesting thing is, Mensbiz are still listing the ingredients for the Lavender hard soap they stock as the old formula.

Now I fully intend to get some of the Lavender soap as well in any case (what else is a lavender-head supposed to do?), but I was wondering, purely as a matter of interest, if anyone here has had an opportunity to compare the two bases... :unsure:

The new formulation was done to remove the palm oil content due to the sustainability image issues for the parent company.

Small review of the Lavender soap for you.
http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=56600

Most important ingredient is still there, whether at number 1 or 2 position is irrelevant. That's just how it printed.

The new formulation was done to remove the palm oil content due to the sustainability image issues for the parent company.

Small review of the Lavender soap for you.
http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=56600

Most important ingredient is still there, whether at number 1 or 2 position is irrelevant. That's just how it printed.
Thanks for that. It's nice to see there are a few companies that don't take shortcuts on quality (coughTrumperscough). The Windsor is top shelf stuff at a pretty reasonable price. I might even get the EDT.

Thanks for that. It's nice to see there are a few companies that don't take shortcuts on quality (coughTrumperscough). The Windsor is top shelf stuff at a pretty reasonable price. I might even get the EDT.

Windsor is still my favourite. I have 2x backups stored away for future use. Would you believe I purchased 10 soaps in the beechwood timber holder, have gifted them to family and yourself. Every person I have gifted to loves the soap including my fussy father who I have gifted it to him twice.:)