Daily shave?

tullfan

2018 Sabbatical
I have been thinking about a day off shaving each week.
Is there any known skin benefit to this.
I have to leave home early tomorrow a.m. as the wife and daughter are dragging me on a long walk,so I will skip tomorrow mornings shave

Sadly due to work I am required to shave M-F and can't get way with skipping shaves due to my heavy regrowth :(

Ideally I'd shave every second day to allow my troubled areas (chin,neck) time to recover and find the shave with a few days growth the best - when using a fresh blade and more efficient razor or an OC :)

Sadly due to work I am required to shave M-F and can't get way with skipping shaves due to my heavy regrowth :(

Ideally I'd shave every second day to allow my troubled areas (chin,neck) time to recover and find the shave with a few days growth the best - when using a fresh blade and more efficient razor or an OC :)

@Razor Burn Would it work to extend your shaves a little? Say the following schedule:
Sunday - night shave
Tuesday to Friday - morning shave

You would have 2 1/2 days growth for the Sunday night shave and 1 1/2 days growth for the Tuesday morning shave. You will have a quicker start monday morning with no shave, although you might be showing some stubble by 5pm Monday.

@Razor Burn Would it work to extend your shaves a little? Say the following schedule:
Sunday - night shave
Tuesday to Friday - morning shave

You would have 2 1/2 days growth for the Sunday night shave and 1 1/2 days growth for the Tuesday morning shave. You will have a quicker start monday morning with no shave, although you might be showing some stubble by 5pm Monday.
Funny that you mention this as I have found myself trying this method a few times during recent P/H short weeks and it worked but never thought to continue. I'll give it another go starting Sunday, thanks for the suggestion (y)

A good question.
I guess I would average a shave every three days, but this is because I work at a home office or in the field.
If I find myself working at a Client's office, or have important meetings, I can get away with a shave every 2 days, as long as I do a 3 pass shave and get BBS.
Failing that, if I need to shave daily, I keep it to either 1 or 2 passes, otherwise my skin starts to complain before too long.

I find skipping a day really helps my skin and for some reason I get a closer shave after skipping a day as well.dont know how it works but for me atleast it does

I find this an interesting conversation as it highlights how different we all are.
My norm is I don't even consider not shaving, but I still need to manage my skin so it doesn't get too raw. I always shave 3 pass +.
The way I manage my skin is to rotate through razors keeping in mind how aggressive the razor is. So for example if I use the Asylum Rx (aggressive) then it's unlikely I'd use it or another aggressive razor the next day (i.e. R41), but would cycle then to a medium aggression razor like a GC 0.84 or Timeless OC.
I find straight razors very good for not irritating my skin so they tend to be the 'rest' for my skin. If my skin is very irritated then I might choose an option like the Leaf or use an adjustable (Slim or Fatboy) on a lower setting (5). Rarely I might actually skip a days shave.
Soap choice and post shave products also play into skin management. My go to if my skin is irritated or dry is Pb Calendula Balm.

I have to shave every day as well. If I don't chase BBS, then the 5 o'clock shadow can become pretty noticeable.

Before I learnt how to shave properly and my technique with carts was a bit "iffy" I would really benefit from taking the weekends off from shaving. But then the Monday morning shave wouldn't be much fun with a clogging cart - but half of that was not building a proper lather. When I shave with a cart these days I can't deny it is possible to get very good results with the right technique and prep.

These days, I can do BBS every day if I want to but I generally only shave once on Sat night on the weekends to stretch things out a bit. But if I start getting irritation etc the best solution is to just go to WTG/XTG for each shave and skip the ATG pass. My shaves generally last long enough with WTG/XTG - I only go ATG / BBS because I want to...

As much as I enjoy shaving. I just don’t have the time or peace and quiet to shave properly. Sometimes I contemplate laser removal

As much as I enjoy shaving. I just don’t have the time or peace and quiet to shave properly. Sometimes I contemplate laser removal
Much more time to visit P&C that way.

You have to shave every day!
As our USA friends say...who wants to look like a bum?
Had to shave daily through most of my working life.
What's not to like?
I enjoy my daily ritual (and I don't look like a homeless bum).

You have to shave every day!
As our USA friends say...who wants to look like a bum?
Had to shave daily through most of my working life.
What's not to like?
I enjoy my daily ritual (and I don't look like a homeless bum).
*shrug* I just assert myself as the boss and do as I please.
I guess People find me charming..

Your wife loves you when you’re hairy and sexy from time to time.
Yeah, there is no intersection on that Venn diagram in her opinion- unfortunately for her she’s stuck with me, through the hairy times and the bald.

Yeah, there is no intersection on that Venn diagram in her opinion- unfortunately for her she’s stuck with me, through the hairy times and the bald.
As long it’s okay through Autumn and Winter, she doesn’t have a problem. However, if, it’s Spring and Summer, she wouldn’t be hugging with you when you sweat too much, otherwise, she couldn’t cope with too much sweaty smell like stinking the whole house like a bad toilet bowl.

Not too worry about that, because, Arko shave stick is your very best friend to have around anytime.