Dapper rides for the dapper dudes?

dewy

So with all the love for shaving and coffee what does everyone use to drag them selves away from the bathroom to the cafe?

I'm big on motorcycles, currently riding a SV650 with a few trick bits and a old DOHC CB750 coming together. And for a car I rock a 1970 VW Type 3, with a 3 speed automatic! :D

How about you?

Love the old VW. No bike at the moment. Rode a Buell Ulysess and before that a DRZ 400 SM. Not big on cars myself. As long as they get me from a to b I don't care. Having said that the family cars have been Subarus and we've just got a new XV.

Nice ride dewy!

I go the cheap option

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418103080.533985.jpg

Rxs100,
1988-rxs100.jpg

dt125,
Yamaha%20DT125%2078%20%201.jpg

Rd400,
yamaha-rd400.jpg

rgv400,
1986_RG400G_WaterWolf_450.jpg

cbr400r,
2013-Honda-CBR400R.jpg

vfr400,
VFR%20400.jpg

gsxr600,
gsxr6k1.jpg

cbr900rr fartblood,
carlsblade.jpg

and now kymco 250 type r ego.
kymco-ego-250_4e0818f8d23a3.jpg

I want to know what a type r ego is?

Renounced?

Last edited:
I want to know what a type r ego is?
It is the medical term for the recently diagnosed disease Honderp fans suffer from.
It is particularly obvious when VTEC kicks in, yo!:rolleyes:

Gave up the ZZR600 after the kids came along. Fuck that bike scared me shitless. It could go faster than I was capable of handling it. I took it on a raceway a couple of times and blokes were lapping me on the hairpins, and I was 'gunning' it.

After that, cars just don't excite. I got a work owned Camry.

WOW - a Type 3 @dewy - very cool !!!!!

When I was growing up as a teenager we progressed from a '57 Beetle to a Type 3 Station Wagon.

While I hated it at the time - friends parents had WAY cooler cars - I look back now and it was so reliable and did so much.

Hmmm. wonder if they are collectible ...

Now this looks nice and original :)

@Drubbing I suggest above that I owned the fartblood, in fact I had it for a week. Found myself going round the M25 at close to 165mph to see how quick I could do a loop. Realised I would kill myself if I kept it so took it straight back to the dealers who gave me all but $100 on my investment.

@Nonick Those shoes hardly look like the cheap option, K26s would have to be, last pair of Nike Sneakers I purchased disfigured that much they were hardly useable withing 6 months, disappointing since they were not very shy of $200.
@Mark1966 In the right condition these (and beetles and buses) are becoming quite sought after, mine needs a little work (paint and the engine could do with some refreshing). I saw the value of the Karman Ghia skyrocket so thought I'd jump on the lesser known/appreciate Type 3 while I could still afford it.
@Drubbing I can appreciate the sentiment, I had dreams of a super sports my entire provisional license period, when time came I purchased a FZ8, after almost a year and a crash (not my fault - someone pulled out on a round about) I was happy to see it go and make way for the SV650.
@eggbert Those RGV's look like some fun, I've just been a little scared of highly strung two strokes, tho I've had a lot of fun on a mates RS125 in the past. Why the scooter, I commend them for their storage space but I don't know I could ever bring myself to do it, not when a not too old BMW 6-800/SV/whatever can be had for not too different money.
@Pjotr How did you find the 400? I've always been curious about them, tho I think I'd personally get the E and just a set of road rims or dual sport tyres, I want to try my hand at adventure/trail riding one day, tho vertical challenges have kept me away from pulling the trigger on a 400

I also forgot to list my absolute pain of a '79 A100 - electrical issues all the time, soon going to have the generator completely bypassed and just hook up a removable battery to run the lighting independent of the engine.

Love riding, but first winter in Canberra seen me part ways with my beloved R6. Loved that bike!
…now that I live out bush - 75% tarmac and 25% dirt road on the commute I'm wanting a road trail…like the looks of a KTM Adventure.

I just bought a new Jeep Cherokee Longitude 4x4. Suits me just fine.

fhxdiJT.jpg

Last edited:
1998 SE Holden Statesman only 250 made to celebrate 50 years - I have one of them
Statesman are a damned fine car. If i ever went back to a sedan, I would probably get either a Calais or a Statesman. I've driven a Grange and while it is a nice ride they are over rated.

@eggbert Those RGV's look like some fun, I've just been a little scared of highly strung two strokes, tho I've had a lot of fun on a mates RS125 in the past. Why the scooter, I commend them for their storage space but I don't know I could ever bring myself to do it, not when a not too old BMW 6-800/SV/whatever can be had for not too different money.

I mistyped - it was an RG400, not an RGV, but yes, that was the most insane bike I had, especially as it had been tinkered with by Stan Stephens - the legendary two stroke mechanic at Brands Hatch, not far from where I used to live. It was a bit of a dog below 6000rpm, but over that line and the powerband tried to rip your arms out of their sockets. I lost it one night when going round a wet bend, I hit the powerband just as I went over a manhole cover. It was probably my 2nd favourite bike behind the VFR400 NC30.
The scooter is because I am now at that age where I am starting to become a little bit old and boring, and sensible. It's a commuter that is often used to get the shopping. I only need to ride 15km each way weekdays on roads with maximum of 80km limits. I wanted something a bit bigger but rego triples for anything 251cc and above up here. The Kymco still manages to accelerate quicker than most cars, and can easily get to 120km/h if needed, so it fulfills all my needs, if not my wants.

Last edited:
Long ago in a faraway galaxy my mrs bought me some hot laps in a Formula ford at Brands Hatch. I also got to go round in a sports hatch with a rookie pro. I thought he was going to kill us and take as many cars with him as possible. You can't see it on TV, but it has a hell of a drop down before the first hairpin.

Apparently I was black flagged 3 times for over revving and going too fast. I couldn't see anything but the blur of white lines in front of me, 100m from my butt. I spun it out twice too. Great day.

I did a few track days there in a different lifetime in both cars and bikes. Great fun!

4000rpm the limit ? That rings a bell in the Formula Fords I had a go in once.

I have a 2004 Mini Cooper S, and a 2008 Buell 1125R. Love both of them to bits!

The Wife has a 2004 Cagiva Raptor (all the beauty of an MV Agusta with a Suzuki TL1000 engine!), and a 2013 FJ Cruiser. She loves both of them to bits too!

James

Nice bikes eggbert do you still own them all?
my current ride is a 2007 Honda 919 I pick it up for $5000 with 5800 kms on the clock
but had to replace the slip on,s as the old owner had ripped the baffles out and thrown them away (the f--- head)
its a great to ride to work.